The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- WCM Field Notes: The Skinny on JCR, CMIS and OSGi. The web is humming with talk of standards at the moment -- due mainly to the fact that the Content Management Interoperability Standard (CMIS) version 1.0 is nearing its final state and open for public review.
- Emerging Trends in Web Content Management. There are emerging trends shaping web content management and the vendors that provide it. Here's a look at what's on our radar.
- Google, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress: The Interwebs of Cross Publishing. If you've ever wanted all your information in one place, your lucky days are upon you. The stars have begun to align and Santa is delivering some early Christmas gifts.
- A Quick Intro to Knowledge Tree SaaS Document Management. Over the course of its release history document management software developer KnowledgeTree has had a habit of mirroring upgrades in the on premise version of its products with corresponding upgrades to its SaaS version.
- Alfresco Gets More Settled, SaaSy in the Cloud. Alfresco is expanding its cloud horizons by offering complex configuration deployment options in the cloud for its Enterprise CMS via a partnership with RightScale.
- A Look at Automated Content Migration: Part 2 - Vamosa. In this second article of our series (see part one covering Kapow Technologies here) we take a look at Vamosa Content Migrator 3.0. Come along for the ride.
- A Sneak Peak at HTML 5.0. HTML 5 is the fifth major revision of the web's core language and it has been designed to support the rapidly changing Web 2.0 world we live in today. Let's take a little tour of what this latest version means for web development.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Drupal, ECM and SharePoint.
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Anyone trying to evaluate open source content management systems is aware that there aren't a lot of recent, useful comparative reviews.
- SharePoint vs Alfresco: A Platform Perspective. When we posited that Alfresco Share was after SharePoint Services' marketshare, it sparked a bit of chatter -- some positive, some not so much.
- Social Media Minute: Bing Goes iPhone, Microsoft Gets Called Out. Social media moves so fast, it's hard to keep up. Here are the week's top stories.
- How Integrated is Your Web Analytics Package and is That a Good Thing? Here's a quick scan around the field and a look at what all this Web CMS + analytics integration news we've been hearing about means.
- Microsoft Launches SharePoint 2010 Upgrade Support Services Offer. Last year, Microsoft launched SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS), a service that provides customers of SharePoint Software Assurance extra tools to plan and implement SharePoint effectively in their organization.
- Drupal 7 Release Progress Report. The Drupal team's massive push toward Drupal 7 continues. There are a few changes to deadlines and expected features, but so far somehow it's all coming together, despite the daunting scope of the changes.
- ECMs that Implement Case Management Frameworks. Last month, in Part 1 of an examination of case management we looked at how Enterprise CMS vendors have been preoccupied with the development of platforms and solutions designed to fill a growing demand for case management software. Here in the second part of this series we look at specific software products that companies can use to develop case management frameworks.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Technical Writer at Lab126
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at nGenera
- Account Executive at IKON
- Sales Executive – CMS Solution Sales at Ektron
- Account Development Representative at Mimosa Systems
- Technical Support Engineer at SpringSource
- Web Designer at Spigit
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Empower 2010 Laserfiche Institute Conference -- Jan 11-13 (Los Angeles, CA)
- ATIA 2010 Orlando -- Jan 28-30 (Orlando, FL)
- Bay Area TYPO3 Users Group -- Feb 4 (San Francisco, CA)
- Intelligent Content 2010 -- Feb 18-19 (Palm Springs, CA)
- Virtual Edge Summit 2010 -- Feb 22-23 (Santa Clara, CA)
- CMS Expo 2010 (Evanston) -- May 3-5 (Evanston, IL)