The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- An Easier Way to Change Your SharePoint Password. With a new version recently released, this web part offers some nice capabilities to help administrators manage the password security policies for their implementation.
- No Coding Required: Hosted CMS for Designers. With its new CMS, Webvanta works to give designers new options for deploying sophisticated websites at lower costs.
- Open Source XOOPS CMS 2.4.0 RC Brings Usability Fixes. The XOOPS Project decided to build on the momentum and promoted XOOPS 2.4.0 Beta 1 to the release candidate level.
- Drupal Code Freeze Update - 82 Weeks + a Slushy. September 7th has passed and the Drupal 7 code freeze is officially on. 82 weeks of development that started in February 2008 has come and gone and now it's time to relax.
- Document Capture and Imaging Comes to Laserfiche ECM. What happens when we make a comment about it being a while since we've heard from Laserfiche? They suddenly burst with new news.
- Jive Adds Social Web Monitoring into Social Business Software. Jive Software has announced Jive Market Engagement, a new service integrated into their Social Business Software.
- Canto Cumulus 8.0.2: Digital Asset Management for All. Arguably the coolest part of Canto 8.0.2, the newest version, is its compatibility with Mac OS X Snow Leopard and the forthcoming Microsoft Windows 7.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Microsoft, Adobe and CMS.
- MS Project 2010: Goodbye Portfolio Server, Hello SharePoint. Of course, we won't be talking about MS Project 2010 without talking about SharePoint -- that's just how it will be from now on.
- The Ugliest Website in the World. Craigslist is a very ugly website. Craigslist breaks all marketing and branding rules.
- Adobe Picks Up Omniture: What it Means. You’ve undoubtedly heard the news: yesterday, in an acquisition to end all acquisitions style, Adobe announced definitive plans to acquire Omniture for US$ 1.8 billion.
- 6 Actions For Your Records Management Strategy. The latest report from Forrester Research would seem to suggest that companies are slowly coming around to the fact that it's bad business to put investment in records management on the back burner.
- 5 Must-Read Web CMS Reviews. Here are 5 must read Web CMS reviews covering Umbraco, Day Communique, Vivvo CMS, SharePoint Online and Digitalus. All are different, yet quite interesting in their special ways.
- The Future of Content Management - Join the Conversation. Prioritizing your needs and then selecting a content management system for your organization is an involved process.
- Open Text Starts Vocalizing Vignette Plans. Open Text has finally revealed a bit more information about what the giant plans to do with its multiple WCM offsprings.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Social Media Superstar at Knight Foundation
- Web Content Editor at Softonic
- Technical Writer at Snap, Inc.
- Support Engineer at ColumbiaSoft
- WordPress Developer at GigaOM Network
- Associate Creative Director / Writer at Weber Marketing Group
- Inside Sales / Lead Generation Representative at Clearwell Systems
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Open World Forum Paris 2009 -- Oct 1-2 (Paris, France)
- Hartman EVENT 2009 -- Oct 8 (Utrecht, The Netherlands)
- Day Ignite Zurich 2009 -- Oct 14-Oct 15 (Zurich, CH)
- Open Text Content World 2009 -- Oct 25-30 (Orlando,FL)
- Day Ignite Chicago 2009 -- Oct 27-Oct 29 (Chicago, IL)
- J. Boye Aarhus 2009 -- Nov 3-Nov 5 (Aarhus, Denmark)