The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Vignette Wants to Ace it With Upcoming VCM V8. ACE is the internal code name for the upcoming release of Vignette Content Management (VCM) product, which will see its better-than -- V7.x light this summer. Within an ace of the VCM V8 launch, we're giving you exclusive sneak peek into what to expect from Vignette.
- eXo, JBoss Community Merge Portals For Best of Breed Open Source Solution. Two Java-based portal projects are merging code bases in order to create a best of breed result through their combined strengths: eXo Platform SAS and Red Hat's JBoss.
- Magnolia 4.1 Released, Features Pluggable DAM, Clustering Support. In March this year when Magnolia released v4.0 of its web content management system, the company’s CTO Boris Kraft said that while they were happy with the new product, there would be always room for improvement.
- Alfresco Partners to Provide Content as a Service. This week they have announced a partnership with ParaScale, a cloud storage software provider, to offer Alfresco "Content as a Service".
- Autonomy Interwoven Enhances Personalization, Profiling Offerings. Marketers have always been concerned about delivering personalized content to the right audience. And here is yet another development of a content management solution that aims to solve that problem.
- Skip MT 4.26, Movable Type 4.261 Already Out. Following just days after the release of the optional Movable Type v4.26 release, Six Apart has announced another update to the blogging and social media platform.
- Scalability, Analytics, Ease of Use the Focus of DotNetNuke Professional 5.1.The latest version of DotNetNuke Professional hit the streets. Get the scoop on what's new in the Web CMS.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? WordPress, Google Wave and open source.
- WordPress 2.8 Out, Raises Usability Bar for Drupal 7. What ho! Is that a new version of WordPress we spy?
- Google Wave: Taking the Enterprise from Microsoft? Two weeks ago, everybody was talking about it. It manhandled the blogosphere, was a trending topic on Twitter, and whispers of it could still be heard coming from the mouths of various Gilbane SF attendees.
- CIA Invests in Open Source Lucene, Solr Search. Yes, the Central Intelligence Agency is among 18 U.S. Intelligence organizations to benefit from the Apache Lucene/Solr enterprise search technology.
- FatWire Swoops on Interwoven and Vignette Customers. Competition in the Web CMS market is cutthroat. Not a single weakness goes unnoticed. Not a single slip goes unattacked. But it’s just business as usual, right?
- Latest WordPress Mobile Adds Palm Pre Support. When Palm’s Pre phone was finally unveiled at January’s Consumer Electronic Association’s (CEA) bash earlier this year, everyone knew it was going to create a stir.
- Hippo Embraces Apache Jetspeed's Revival. The open source ECM vendor Hippo, in an effort to develop a closer relationship with the Jetspeed community, has been busy contributing to this Apache project and even released its own product and support package for Apache Jetspeed 2.2.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Content Manager, Global Health Data at Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
- Content Analyst at Vasont Systems
- Inside Sales Rep at Acquia
- Senior Web Application Engineer at Novell
- Open Source CMS Developer at Bluenog
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our new Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.