The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Ex Microsoft All-Stars Give Google Docs a Nudge. The startup company DocVerse aims to simplify how users share documents on the web by transforming Microsoft Office into an online collaboration suite.
- Taking a SaaSy Web Content Management System to the Corporate World. Probably best known for implementing their SaaS-based web content management system for media publishers, today Clickability offers a new solution that takes them further into the corporate world.
- Yammer Goes Beyond SaaS, Offers Self-Hosted Version. Enterprise microblogging software service provider Yammer has announced a version of their software that can be run on a company's servers, inside the corporate firewall.
- An Alternative to Adobe for Graphic Design Solutions. For new start up shops that can't fork over the bucks that Adobe requires for licenses like Photoshop and Illustrator, or for designers who just like to try new things, meet Aviary.
- Changing the Content Management Paradigm with Built-In SEO. After two and a half years of diligently working on what they hope is a unique offering worth your while, search engine optimization (SEO) providers Pixelsilk have released their content management system.
- Website Monetization and Publishing With a Free Hosting Provider. DevHub has taken free site hosting and publishing to another level with the use of a large aggregated network of affiliates and content providers and an integrated API.
- Collaborative Flash-based Content Management. If you fed Flash to your content management system, you’d get what Flypaper Studio, Inc. has to offer.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Google, Sharepoint, Yahoo, landing pages and a recession.
- HTC Makes 'Magic' With Google: A Quick Look at Android G2. Yesterday European company Vodaphone officially announced their first mobile phone powered by the Google Android operating system.
- 10 Best Practices for Website Landing Pages. Creating relevant experiences is the goal of good web design.
- Identifying Web Trends for 2009. Identifying on-going experimentation may lead us to new and exciting design approaches.
- Web Content Management and Recession -- Unlikely Duo? It is the time of recession, they say. We wonder: do companies still invest money in Web Content Management?
- Yahoo Beats Google in Enterprise Web Analytics. Yahoo’s web analytics service, originally IndexTools until Yahoo took them over in 2008, is battling it out with Google in the web analytics ring.
- How To: Connecting SharePoint (MOSS) to a CMIS Repository. A new MSDN article has arrived that demonstrates how one can integrate an external document repository with MOSS (or the free version of SharePoint, WSS) — which is exactly what the CMIS spec is all about.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.