The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- First Post-Acquisition Release: IDOLized Interwoven TeamSite. One of the products from the company now called Autonomy Interwoven -- the web content management system Interwoven TeamSite -- has been integrated with Autonomy’s Intelligent Data Operating Layer (IDOL) platform.
- IE8 Released, Already Obsolete? For some, things may go smoothly, for others, not so much. Trouble is, IE8 may be new, but is it already obsolete?
- Beefing Up the Blogging in Clover Content Management. Officially launched at the beginning of December last year, new functionality has recently been added to the web content management system in the form of a fully enabled blog.
- Vignette Simplifies Dev, QA Processes; Readies New Social Media Tools. Despite some concerns, it looks like there are still enough clever folks left at VIGN not only to tackle the latest Vignette Content Management 7.6 release, but also to deliver a new admin module called the Vignette Transfer Tool.
- Acquia Gardens - Drupal Sprouts SaaS for Spring. Tagged by Acquia as "Drupal for everyone" it is a web-based, mass-market approach to the open source social web content management system.
- eZ Publish 4.1 Released, Emphasizes Usability and Performance. Version 4.0 of eZ Publish was released back in December 2007. And there's been a rather notable pause as v4.1 was readied.
- XOOPS v2.3.3: Installation of Open Source CMS Gets Easier. This release focuses on bug fixes and usability improvements, with the highlight being an improved installer.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint, SXSW and Drupal.
- SXSW Web Content Management System Showdown (Update 2). It was a battle to the end, with a mix of good humor and serious competition among developers from the open source web content management community.
- Wonder What's Coming in Next Version of SharePoint? Thought so. Unfortunately we don't have the answers -- at least not any you probably haven't heard already. But there are others who are starting to offer up what they believe SharePoint "14" will and won't have. We thought it interesting enough to pass along.
- SXSW Web Content Management System Showdown (Update 1). At the 2009 SXSW event our dear CMS topic is getting a rare moment in the spotlight. This year a little CMS pit fight has been cooked up, Iron Chef style.
- Study Finds SharePoint Primarily Used for File Sharing. A study by AIIM and Information Architected also reveals many of the same common themes on the use of SharePoint. It's widely implemented, but not used to its fullest extent.
- No MOSS Required: Free Web CMS Built on SharePoint Services. Well this is kind of interesting. Do you have SharePoint Services (WSS) up and running, but would really like to have some web publishing capabilities on top of it?
- New Book - Drupal 6 Social Networking (packt). Packt Publishing has come out with a new book in their Drupal series that teaches us just that -- how to build social networking sites with Drupal.
- IBM Launches Enterprise Content Management Blog and Community. IBM has taken another step into the future with the launch of its North American Enterprise Content Management Systems Community.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.