The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Open Source Is Not Just a Marketing Term. Even before economies around the world got into a bit of a bind, the term open source was growing more and more popular.
- Hippo CMS Team Inks Strategic Capgemini Partnership. Hippo, the makers of a Java-based, open source web content management system, signed an important agreement with Capgemini in the Netherlands.
- Report: Enterprise CMS Vendors Start to Embrace Mobile World. A new CMS Watch report shows the growing importance of Enterprise Content Management in an increasingly mobile world.
- Document Capture Market Grew to $1.9bn in 2008. If you’ve been following us closely, you know that in spite of the economic downturn many techie areas of business have seen substantial growth.
- Document Management Vendor KnowledgeTree Embraces CMIS. It was only a matter of time before a DMS vendor like KnowledgeTree jumped on the CMIS bandwagon (joining the many Web and Enterprise CMS players) and released its own implementation of the draft Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification.
- Sony Switches to ePub Digital Book Format to Adobe's Delight. Move over Kindle, Sony is throwing its hat into the ePublishing ring.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Egocentricity, the "Best CMS" hypothesis and of course, the future of this industry.
- New-Look Facebook App is Ready to Storm the iPhone. As the battle for social information on the go heats up, has Facebook hit the right note with its latest edition of the iPhone app?
- The Real Difference Between Google and Yahoo Yahoo's customer is the advertiser. Google's customer is you and me. That's why Google has been more successful.
- Employers Use Facebook More Than LinkedIn for HR Screening. As it turns out, no matter how professional you may come across on your LinkedIn page, employers are getting the real dirt on you by checking out your profile on Facebook.
- Parsing Gartner's 2009 Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management. This year, Web content management (WCM) was promoted to the Magic Quadrant level in Gartner-land.
- Clearwell Takes eDiscovery to the Next Level, Adds New Modules. Clearwell Systems, known for its eDiscovery platform, has announced the addition of three new modules to help users simplify the process by eliminating the need to move data across multiple tools.
- Skype May Soon Be a Casualty of Licensing War. Skype fans, we have something to tell you and you’re not gonna to like it: your Internet telephony service of choice may soon be defunct.
- Digitalus: A Web CMS Built on Zend Framework. The Digitalus CMS aims to empower PHP developers to create content on a solid, simple and extendable content management system that is based off of the widely popular Zend Framework.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Master of Product Management at Rapleaf
- Senior News Registry Consultant (Contract Position) at The Associated Press
- Technical Writer at Recommind
- Web Architect Instructor at Sitecore
- Copywriter/Blogger at Fuhu
- CMS Product Evangelist at Kentico Software
- Amazing Software Engineer at Rapleaf
- Senior/Principal Software Engineer, UI & Services Development at Digital Reef
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Webinar: Critical SharePoint Optimizations for Enterprise Infrastructure -- Aug 26 (online)
- Day Software CQ5 Seminar with Andy Jacobs -- Aug 27 (Washington)
- Drupalcon Paris 2009 -- Sep 1 (Paris, France)
- X Change Web Analytics Conference -- Sep 9 (San Francisco)
- IDEA Conference 2009 -- Sep 15-16 (Toronto, Canada)
- Adobe MAX 2009 -- Oct 4-7 (Los Angeles)