The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- 39 More Ways to Get Your CMS Twitter Fix. In an age where millions of otherwise rational humans find it perfectly reasonable to share the constituent parts of their waking moments with the world, one might find the topic of content management a safe haven. Lord knows, we do.
- Vignette Stockholders Said Yes to Open Text Acquisition. Open Text said it’s a done deal. The planned acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Vignette (worth approximately US$ 321 million) has been completed late yesterday following a shareholders’ meeting where the voting and approval took place.
- Connecting Saleforce.com and SharePoint. The Salesforce Connector enables you to access data in Salesforce.com CRM applications and Force.com cloud-based applications within SharePoint search.
- Google Docs Get eDiscovery and Archiving Support. Google Apps customers can now employ a sort of safety net to protect corporate documents and files in Google Docs.
- Oversights by Bluenog Spark Open Source Community Anger. The subject of open source software licensing is rarely considered titillating. More often it inspires early afternoon naps. Well, there's been a change in the script and we've got a small civil war on our hands.
- Zimplit CMS Lets You Use Someone Else’s Web Design. In yet another rebranding-centric attempt, Simple CMS provider Zimplit released its "borrow another site's design to create yours" feature.
- Kaltura Unveils Free, Open Source Edition Of Video Platform. It may just be that in launching the Community Edition of its self-hosted online video platform Kaltura has created a monster by giving everyone and anyone the ability to put their videos out onto the Wild Wild Web.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint 2010, Records Management, Google Wave and Gmail tools.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. Now Microsoft gives us a bird's eye view into what SharePoint 2010 is really going to look and behave like. Time to take a little tour.
- Open Text, Autonomy, IBM Among Leaders in Records Management. It's always good to get recognition from the analyst firms because many organizations pay attention to what these guys say. In the ever evolving area of records management, this recognition can help a lot.
- Want to Join the Google Wave Testing Movement? After 6,000 active developer accounts and 20,000 more reportedly rolling out over the next month, the job is yours. Google plans to pass the baton to 100,000 users on September 30th.
- Shareflow Emerges as Competition for Google Wave. E-mail: It’s fast, it’s convenient, it’s simple, it’s…outdated?
- Email, Discovery and SharePoint: 3 Key Document Management Issues. Earlier this year AIIM released its annual State of the ECM Industry 2009 report which found that overall, electronic content at an organizational level is in a mess.
- 5 Gmail Tools We Can Live Without. So, Gmail labs is pretty cool, right? Engineers throw an experiment at us and we get to play until we're either bored with it or wonder where it's been all our lives
- Learning Drupal CMS? Here's the Book List. Oh Drupal, you open source hottie, you. You've managed the content of many, kicked out release after release, even inspired projects like Acquia and Open Atrium.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Product Marketing Manager at Bridgeline Software
- Content Associate at Modern Feed
- Copywriter at Hyland Software
- Web Architect Instructor at Sitecore
- Customer Satisfaction Engineer at Day Software
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our new Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.