The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- An Enterprise Wiki for Businesses Both Small and Large. With over 9,000 customers of their solutions and US$ 100 million in cumulative revenues since they started in 2002, you can see that Atlassian is working hard to get your business.
- dotCMS 1.7 Puts a Dot on Plugin Architecture.
- Document Lifecycle Management on an Alfresco Enterprise Scale. Companies struggling to control vast amounts of documents for compliance, or even litigation purposes, may be interested in the latest partnership designed to deal specifically with these issues.
- SDL Tridion Partners for Advanced Digital Asset Management. Last month, when ADAM software released its v4.4 of its enterprise Digital Assets Management (DAM) platform it had its eye on a bigger piece of the content management pie.
- Jahia CMS Extends Its U.S. Reach Via Partner.
- Open Source: The GPL, Your CMS Project and You. As the best-known free software and open source license, the GNU General Public License, or GPL, has become both a rallying point for the free software and open source (FLOSS) communities and a focus of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) campaigns for those who fear that these movements will destroy their revenue streams.
- Documentum Benchmarks Expose a Scalable Enterprise CMS. Want to know how scalable EMC Documentum really is? Well they wanted to show you. So they conducted a benchmarking study with Microsoft and HP to demonstrate just how well the enterprise content management solution would perform under pressure.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint, ROI and open source.
- MOSS and WSS Service Pack 2: The Highlights. Microsoft has stated that Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 will be available on April 28 with complete documentation. They have, however, provided us with highlights of what we can expect. We share these with you.
- It's Official - A New Name and Delivery Date for the Next Version of SharePoint. Finally. Microsoft has come forward with some news about the next version of SharePoint.
- Design Tools for the SharePoint Information Architect. Visual Studio is a great tool for the SharePoint Developer. But what about the SharePoint Information Architect?
- Finding the ROI in Web Content Management. How many reports does it take before Web Content Management vendors change their errant ways and start listening to customers?
- Drupal and Joomla to Lose Market Share to concrete5 Web CMS? If you were to believe all the hype surrounding concrete5, an open source Web content management system, then a remarkable new system has just gone on General Availability (GA).
- Web CMS is Booming with Double Digit Growth. While the majority of the country’s companies are struggling to keep their doors cracked open or regretfully shutting them all together, a handful of Web Content Management vendors are riding a wave of significant growth.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.