The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Google Goes After SharePoint with New Sites API. Oh yes, we've been waiting for this one. The attack is not too forceful, but it is full frontal and there's more where this came from, you can be sure.
- Adobe Gets Around: Brings Flash Apps to Social Web. There are three primary components of Adobe Flash Platform Services for Distribution. Check ‘em out!
- CMIS: Draft at v0.7, a Public Review Vote and WCM Potential. Summer has come and gone and we still haven't seen a public review of the Content Management Interoperability Specification (CMIS). But while many of us have been impatiently waiting, it does appear that things have been happening.
- Didn't Make DrupalCon Paris? Get the Lowdown Here. Session videos, on the ground interviews with Dries Buyaert and Webchick and more. Missing the show is now a somewhat recoverable event.
- Social Media Minute: Top Tips for Getting Re-tweeted. The statistics are in. Here's what your tweet needs to really fly.
- Amazon Gets Organized, Offers Web Services Directory. The Web offers a virtual ton of solutions built on top of Amazon's (news, site) infamous cloud, so now the company is attempting to make some sense of all the chaos.
- Are You Managing Your Electronic Documents? Why Not? AIIM has just published a report that shows 26% of organizations admitting that they have no electronic records management policy.
- Web Publishing Roll Up: Fight Night! Web vs Print vs Mobile. This week we bring you web vs print. The match of the new millennium.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Open Text, ugly fonts, Sharepoint, SEO and social media.
- Open Text Web CMS Saga Continues, Party Lines Collide. The official party line is that no product migrations, discontinuations and code mergers will happen for Vignette and RedDot.
- Major Ektron CMS400.NET v8 Release - Preview Leaked. The new v8.0 release of CMS400.NET wasn't supposed to see the light of day for about another week, yet surfaced late yesterday in its full video-and-all glory via a company microsite.
- IKEA Chooses an Ugly Font. IKEA changes its font to Verdana. This is not likely to result in a massive drop in sales.
- MS Project 2010: Goodbye Portfolio Server, Hello SharePoint. Of course, we won't be talking about MS Project 2010 without talking about SharePoint -- that's just how it will be from now on.
- Top 5 SEO Tools for WordPress, According to WordPress. WordPress users, get your SEO on or, if you feel we've missed a life-altering solution that fits into this category, by all means let us know.
- Packt Announces Finalists for 2009 Open Source CMS Awards. Here's a look at who made the finalist list and what happens next.
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Well now, haven't we heard this question before? As it turns out, no one really tires of the Drupal / Joomla fight. Keep them comments coming folks, we are learning from them.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Java Web Developer at Hippo CMS
- Web Analytics Manager at Capstrat, Inc.
- Community Manager at Freshbooks
- Sales Engineer at Ektron
- Chief Technical Officer at WikiMedia Foundation
- API Engineer & Developer Evangelist at Yammer, Inc.
- Silverlight Developer at IndustryNext
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Rethinking Corporate Communications 2009 -- Sept 30 - Oct 1 (Washington, DC)
- Adobe MAX 2009 -- Oct 4-7 (Los Angeles, CA)
- Day Ignite Zurich 2009 -- Oct 14-Oct 15 (Zurich, CH)
- Open Text Content World 2009 -- Oct 25-30 (Orlando,FL)
- Day Ignite Chicago 2009 -- Oct 27-Oct 29 (Chicago, IL)
- J. Boye Aarhus 2009 -- Nov 3-Nov 5 (Aarhus, Denmark)