The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- It's Official, EPiServer Opens U.S. Office. After what seemed like much deliberation and preparation, EPiServer has finally announced its official U.S. presence.
- Drupal 7 CMS to Add Content Type Extensibility for Dummies. The Content Construction Kit (CCK), an add-on module for Drupal, has handily taken care of this need for years. In Drupal 7, it will no longer be needed. But even more, we'll be getting some tasty semantic web features as part of the changes.
- Interview - Drupal, WoodWing and How Web Publishers Can Survive. Recently we had a chance to discuss the web publishing business, Drupal partnerships, new revenue models for publishers and the quality of modern journalism with Erik Schut, the President of WoodWing Software.
- #ezconf - Tony White on The Evolving Web CMS Market. Tony White of the Gilbane Group began his talk on the evolution of the Web CMS market with an observation.
- MindTouch Offers Collaborative Intranet Solution. MindTouch announces the first of three collaborative network solutions based on their open source collaboration platform: MindTouch Collaborative Intranet.
- Jive Integrates SAP's onDemand Business Intelligence Offerings. Announcing a new agreement that will see SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence onDemand solutions integrated into Jive's Social Business Software suite.
- Percussion CM System 6.7 Is All About the Package. Percussion Software released CM System 6.7. So, what’s new in 6.7 you ask? It is all about the package.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SDL Tridion, CMIS and open source CMS.
- Open Text Marries ECM to Social Media. The vendor has announced a new addition to the Enterprise CMS platform -- Open Text Social Media, which may help conservative organizations to (safely) warm up to social media.
- Movable Type (MTOS) Forks, Hello Open Melody. A group of ex-Six Apart staff and other MT enthusiasts have taken matters -- and the code -- into their own hands. Say hello to Open Melody. Let's have a look.
- New Linux Kernel to Bolster Open Source Momentum. New versions of the Linux kernel typically come and go without a lot of fanfare except in the communities most affected by the latest bug fixes and other changes. However, with the release of Linux kernel 2.6.30, the broader open source community has reason to smile.
- Telligent Updates and ReBrands Community Solutions, New Analytics Solution. Say goodbye to Community Server, Community Server Evolution and Harvest Reporting Server. Say hello to Telligent Community 5.0, Telligent Enterprise 2.0 and Telligent Analytics 3.0.
- The Cost of Information Misgovernance, and What You Can Do about IT. Boards of directors will likely never have the time and skills required to become technical information governance experts. But with the new world of intelligent data management, and the tools it offers, directors shouldn’t need to.
- Case Study: Momentum Magazine Builds Web Version With Drupal. Momentum builds momentum by bringing its free content onto the Web.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Content Management Specialist at Lime Wire
- Inside Sales Representative at Metalogix
- User Interface Engineer at Demand Media
- Technical Writer at Collabera
- Accounts Receivable Manager at HL Plastics LTD
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our new Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Google Analytics Seminars for Success July 7-8, Training
- Joomla Beginner Training in Denver July 13, Training
- Web Design World 2009 Seattle July 20-22, conference
- Usability Week Sydney 2009 July 27 - Aug 1, conference