The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Waste Time on Intranet, Make More Money
. Now is the moment to cash in on your company’s Intranet.
* Web Content Migration: Disastrous Strategy
. There is probably no worse strategy for an Intranet or public Web site than content migration. It is doomed to failure from the very start.
* ClearGauge and ZoomRank Deliver Next Gen SEO Analytics
. What do you get when you mix a provider that specializes in search engine optimization and a Web-based service that monitors search engine rankings?
* (Interview) eZ Publish as SaaS Web CMS
. We spoke with eZ’s global partner manager Bertrand Maugain to get more insight into the new eZ Publish SaaS offering and their partner in arms, Mamut ASA.
* How To: Running WordPress with SQL Anywhere
. SQL Anywhere is a simple, powerful database with some interesting features.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? WordPress 2.7, Day CQ5.1 WCM, Google Mobile Apps and Amazon’s CloudFront CDN.
* Day Software's New CQ5 Web CMS Has Arrived
. To get as close as possible to a real-life experience, we went ahead and installed the software from scratch and played with it for a couple of days.
* Google Apps Go Mobile, Starting with iPhone
. What does Safari 3 have to do with Office applications on the iPhone?
* WordPress 2.7: From Blog Platform to Web CMS
. Now on their third beta release, WordPress is promising big things with version 2.7.
* Gartner: 2009 Top 10 Strategic Technologies
. At the recent Gartner Symposium/ITxpo, Gartner analysts presented their insights into the top 10 technologies and trends to rule the world in 2009.
* MySpace Tries Something New With Profile 2.0
. The two most significant changes included in this optional upgrade are advanced privacy options and the near complete adherence to W3C HTML standards.
* Amazon Launches Cheap CDN for SMB Web Publishers
. Amazon’s CloudFront CDN is cheap enough that SMB web publishers are now able to serve their more popular content to their customers quickly and easily.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board
* Director of Developer Community
at The Echo Nest
* Full Time Writer
* Senior Technical Consultant
* Director of Technology with Drupal Experience