The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- 6 Ways Document Management and Records Management Differ. At the core of this question is what is the differences between document management and records management. Let's examine six differences.
- Introducing the Apple iPad. iBook. iPod. iPhone. iPad. Apple’s evolution is astounding. It’s like you can actually see the ape man begin to walk upright.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in February 2010. Welcome to the February installment of our what's coming from the open source CMS projects in the next month.
- Nuxeo Updates Its Apache Chemistry CMIS Implementation. The latest news -- updated Nuxeo Chemistry bindings to allow for better support for CMIS.
- Digital Asset Reuse: Making Assets Work Harder with Metadata and Taxonomy. With ever shrinking budgets, many organizations are finding digital asset reuse a growing organization imperative.
- Drupal Goes Hosted, Launches Gardens in Private Beta. Drupal Gardens is a hosted version of the content management system with aim to please.
- SDL Consolidates, Ousts "Tridion" for Rebranding. All business units in SDL, including SDL Tridion, will be renamed and referred to as divisions of SDL in a move to unify the company.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Open source, social media and SharePoint.
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Anyone trying to evaluate open source content management systems is aware that there aren't a lot of recent, useful comparative reviews.
- CIO Magazine Says These are the Companies to Watch in 2010. Everyone has an opinion on who we all should be paying close attention to this year. Even CIO Magazine has their top 20 and there are more than a few you might find interesting.
- 10 Best Practices for Website Landing Pages. Creating relevant experiences is the goal of good web design. From landing pages to online advertising, a company's marketing strategy is just that, strategic. Or at least it aims to be.
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7. One of the best kept secrets from Microsoft regarding SharePoint 2010 was something that SharePoint developers around the world were for crying for: the ability to run SharePoint on a desktop environment and not a VM.
- Social Media Minute: The Rise of Mobile Social Networking, The Decline of Active Twitterers. New statistics show that the 'average' Twitter user is far from engaged with the service and therefore rarely use the service.
- Is Apple Tablet the Future of ePublishing? Let’s examine for ourselves the opportunities and challenges that may arise from the Apple tablet.
- Salesforce.com Introduces New User Interface with Spring '10. Next month will see the first of Salesforce.com’s 2010 releases with the launch of Spring ’10.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Technical Writer at Golden Software
- Marketing Analyst at USTREAM
- Inside Sales Executive at Kyte
- Territory Sales Manager at Kentico Software, LLC
- Software Engineer at Bamboo Solutions
- Software Engineer at NewsGator
- Senior CMS Web Developer at NPR
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- SDL Innovate 2010 -- Feb 9-10 (Santa Clara, CA)
- O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference -- Feb 22-24 (New York, NY)
- Agile Edge - Agile for Ebusiness -- March 2 (London, UK)
- Drupalcon San Francisco 2010 -- April 19-21 (San Francisco, CA)
- CMS Expo 2010 (Evanston) -- May 3-5 (Evanston, IL)
- Cloud Computing Congress Asia -- June 24 (Kuala Lumpur, Singapore)