The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Day Opens Up, Empowers Developers With New CRX Releases. Day Software released three new editions of CRX, Day’s famed JSR-170-compliant Java Content Repository (JCR). These new goodies will make some developers and CIOs salivate...
- Interview with Dirk Shaw: Vignette's Social Media Strategist. Dirk Shaw spent the better part of a decade helping clients to realize the value of user experience design. Just over three years ago, Dirk traded clients for customers and joined the product world as one of the first members of Vignette's Digital Strategy team.
- CMIS Update: A Public Review Expected Late Spring. The OASIS CMIS Technical Committee just wrapped up their first face to face meeting at Redmond yesterday. Was it a good session?
- Is 2009 Looking Up for Digital Asset Management? According to North Plains, 2008 was a record year for them in terms of revenues and adoption of their Digital Asset Management platform.
- OpenEdit: Web-based DAM for the Little Guy. If your preference is for open source solutions, here's one that may interest you.
- Open Text Provides MOSS with Enterprise Recruiting. For those enterprises who want better control Open Text has teamed with Microsoft to bring you a recruiting management solution for use with SharePoint Server 2007.
- Social Networking: The Next Big Thing or Has Been? If you're mom has started using Facebook then you won't find this recent report surprising at all.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Interwoven, Web trends, green IT, Gmail and Hippo.
- Gmail Follows Zoho Mail, Goes Offline With Gears. Gmail Labs using Google Gears, has launched an experimental feature -- Offline Gmail.
- Identifying Web Trends for 2009. We're not even a month into the new year, but already there is speculation as to what web design will bring. Identifying on-going experimentation may lead us to new and exciting design approaches.
- Will Interwoven Leave the Web CMS Market? The acquisition of Enterprise Content Management provider Interwoven by Autonomy was a surprise, not so much because Interwoven was snapped up, but more because it was Autonomy that did it.
- Why Obama Loves Enterprise Content Management. There are multiple advantages to a green(er) enterprise. With green IT practices being strategic this year, businesses can not only control costs and efficiency, but also reap environmental benefits.
- The Search is Over: Autonomy Acquires Interwoven. Well, didn't really see that one coming, did you? The Wall Street Journal has reported today that Autonomy, one of the leading search providers, has bought Interwoven for US$ 775 million.
- Open Source Hippo CMS 7.0 Gets Revamped Core. Hippo, a vendor in open source Enterprise Content Management and Portal technology, has launched version 7.0 of its Content Management System.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Account Executive at Interwoven
- Account Executive at Sitemasher
- Technical Writer at FatWire
- Web Architect Instructor at Sitecore