The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- #GilbaneBoston: The Rise of Open Source in Content Management. One of the hot topics at the Gilbane Boston conference this year is open source. The event program features several OSS-focused sessions, signaling its wider adoption and growing popularity.
- Social Media Minute: Facebook Usage Surges and Google Wave Gets A Competitor. Going forward, we are likely to see new usage of social networks and social media in advertising and brand outreach.
- 5 Reasons Why Executive SharePoint Ignorance is Not Bliss (Part 2). In Part One, we discussed the first two reasons why executive SharePoint ignorance is not bliss, here are the remaining three.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in December 2009. Welcome to the December 2009 installment of our what's coming from the open source CMS projects in the next 30 days.
- Nuxeo Enters Open Source Digital Asset Management Market. Open source Enterprise CMS provider Nuxeo continues to grow its product suite by adding DAM to the existing ECM and DM capabilities.
- A Look at Automated Content Migration: Part 1 - Kapow Technologies. When it comes to migrating your content to a new content management system, the only way to go is automated content migration tools.
- #GilbaneBoston: Content Migration, Dirty Little Secret of Content Management. The 6th annual Gilbane Boston conference featured a session called "Content Migration, the Dirty Little Secret of Content Management" that aimed to investigate the real stumbling blocks of content migrations and shed light on some techniques on how to avoid them.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Drupal, HTML 5 and SharePoint.
- HTML 5 Supersedes Web Forms 2.0. HTML Working Group has announced that Web Forms 2.0 have been superseded by HTML 5.
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Anyone trying to evaluate open source content management systems is aware that there aren't a lot of recent, useful comparative reviews.
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7.One of the best kept secrets from Microsoft regarding SharePoint 2010 was something that SharePoint developers around the world were for crying for: the ability to run SharePoint on a desktop environment and not a VM.
- 5 Reasons Why Executive SharePoint Ignorance is Not Bliss (Part 1). The job of how to implement SharePoint in an organization should not be in the hands of the IT department. It belongs with the business and the backing of executive decision makers. Here's why.
- SAP Betas 12Sprints.com, A Google Wave Competitor? The private beta version of the cloud-based application (codenamed Constellation) is called 12Sprints, and promises to expedite the decision making process for business users with pre-defined tools.
- SharePoint vs Alfresco: A Platform Perspective. When we posited that Alfresco Share was after SharePoint Services' marketshare, it sparked a bit of chatter -- some positive, some not so much.
- EContent Magazine Lists Top 100 in Digital Content. As usual this year's lot includes a ton of familiar faces. As much as we'd love to cover everyone's viability in the market, we simply haven't the time, but here's a quickie on some of the names and categories that stood out.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Part-Time Freelance News Writers at AOL
- Field Sales Solution Engineer at Kapow Technologies
- Technical Sales Engineer at Attivio
- Sales Representative at Equilibrium
- Senior Inside Sales Representative at Coremedia
- Drupal/PHP Developer at Achieve Internet
- Technical Specialist at Ephox
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Do it With Drupal 2009 -- Dec 9-11 (New Orleans, NY)
- Webinar: Achieving Harmony Between SEO and WCM Strategies -- Dec 15 (Online)
- Empower 2010 Laserfiche Institute Conference -- Jan 11-13 (Los Angeles, Ca)
- Intelligent Content 2010 -- Feb 18-19 (Palm Springs, CA)
- Virtual Edge Summit 2010 -- Feb 22-23 (Santa Clara, CA)
- CMS Expo 2010 (Evanston) -- May 3-5 (Evanston, IL)