The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
Gilbane SF: Content Integration Standards -- CMIS, JSR-170, JSR-283.One of the final sessions at Gilbane SF yesterday was around content standards: CMIS, JSR-170 and JSR-283.
Jahia Simplifies Multi Source Content Management with Content Bus.Jahia's United Content Bus has been launched at the Gilbane Conference in San Francisco, tying all of a company's content together via a single interface.
Gilbane SF: The Web Platform of The Future. The second opening keynote at Gilbane SF was presented by Tricia Bush, group manager at SharePoint, who looked a bit into the crystal ball and focused her speech on the future of doing business on the internet and the promise of web content management.
Gilbane SF: How to Select a Web Content Management System. Today’s guidance comes directly from Gottlieb, who today held a workshop at this year’s Gilbane San Francisco conference in hopes to teach us all exactly how to find our perfect Web CMS match.
Tridion, Like Sitecore and Interwoven, Now Offer an Online Marketing Suite. In the past six weeks alone SDL Tridion 2009 and two other marketing suites have entered the market: Sitecore and Interwoven. All three focus on providing solutions that will penetrate customers’ markets where no other solution has gone before.
Enterprise Wiki Updates Make Collaboration Easier and Faster. CMSWire spoke with Bill Arconati, Product Marketing Manager, and Laura Khalil of Altassian to get the scoop on the new features and an update on the Atlassian Stimulus Package.
Gilbane SF: Optimizing Your Web Presence. It should come as no surprise to you that one of the keys to the value of Web content is the ability for people to find it. But how to enable that is the question.
Gilbane SF: Keynote Analyst Panel Highlights.One of the most anticipated sessions here at Gilbane SF was the Keynote Industry Analyst Panel moderated by Frank Gilbane. Unsurprisingly, the panel revolved largely around all things social media.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint, Drupal and open source CMS.
- Drupal vs eZ Publish vs WordPress vs CMS Made Simple. At the recent DrupalCamp in Helsinki Exove, a Finnish technical consulting company focused on open source solutions, presented their take on how to choose the best CMS given the client's project context.
- Drupal vs. Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Anyone trying to evaluate open source content management systems is aware that there aren't a lot of recent, useful comparative reviews. What's surprising is that this issue is true even for such popular solutions as Drupal and Joomla.
- A Complete Project Management Solution Built on SharePoint.Bamboo Solutions knows SharePoint. They dedicate their days and probably nights and weekends (on occasion) to designing and developing web parts, Solution Accelerators and other solutions that either enhance SharePoint or help you work better with it.
- Sitecore Seeks Differentiation via Marketing Automation. Sitecore's answer is to provide a solution to solve a specific problem. In this case, it's an Online Marketing Suite (OMS).
- Quick Take Review: Umbraco Web Content Management System. We took a close look at the latest verison of Umbraco (v4.01) and here's what we found.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Inside Sales Rep at Acquia
- Senior Systems Engineer at Digital Reef
- Senior Web Application Engineer at Novell, Inc
- Web Designer at Vodpod
- Junior Technical Writer at Plateau Systems
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our new Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Corporate Social Networking London 2009 Conference June 8 London
- Open Web Vancouver 2009 Conference June 11- June 12, Vancouver
- Principles of Web Navigation: Advanced Design Techniques Webinar June 16, online
- New York Breakfast Seminar: STEER INTENT. DRIVE BEHAVIOR. INCREASE TRAFFIC. June 18, New York