The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- #jboye09 Web Content Management: Inconvenient Truths and Industry Challenges. There is no best web content management system. But there is probably a good Web CMS for what you’re trying to do. With that, we kicked-off a heated debate on Inconvenient truths and unsolved WCM industry challenges at the J.Boye 2009 conference in chilly Aarhus, DK.
- #jboye09 Persuasion: How to Make Your Media More Persuasive. I'm here in
sunnyDenmark attending the 2009 J Boye conference where the presenters dig into many subjects, but one of my personal standouts is psychologist BJ Fogg of Stanford University's Persuasive Technology lab.
- Gartner Calls Drupal a Visionary in Social Software Magic Quadrant. Reportedly thanks to Acquia and the Drupal team's endless efforts to maintain healthy relationships with analysts, Dries Buytaert's CMS baby was added to the 'Visionaries' section of Gartner's Magic Quadrant last month.
- The Scoop: SharePoint 2010 Records Management. The session began with a brief description of what records management is and what constitutes a record. Wikipedia defines records management as “the practice of maintaining the records of an organization from the time they are created up to their eventual disposal.
- Microsoft Not So Secret New Open Source CMS. Microsoft has a secret, although it's not completely secret. They are getting ready to offer a new open source content management application code named Orchard.
- Social Media Minute: MSN Gets A Makeover, Twitter's Heavy Cost To Businesses. Microsoft unveiled a new version of MSN.com recently, making changes to the existing design and adding some new bits as well.
- Clearwell's Top 5 eDiscovery Trends of 2010. So this year, we turn once again to Clearwell to outline the eDiscovery trends of 2010. The fact that there are only five may indicate the growth and awareness of eDiscovery in the enterprise. As well, they touch on the functionality and technology of eDiscovery more than anything.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Drupal v. Joomla, Web Content Management and SharePoint.
- #jboye09 8 Key Trends in Web Content Management Architecture and Standards. David Nüscheler, the CTO of Day Software, presented his take on the top WCM trends for 2010 from the architecture and standards standpoint.
- #spc09 The Future of SharePoint Project Management. One of the immediate values SharePoint can deliver to an organization is the ability to address project management challenges, such as inefficient communication among stakeholders, poor information management practices and undefined project collaboration standards that compromises project success.
- #jboye09: Selecting a CMS - Pitfalls and Best Practices. We’re live from the City of Smiles, where the J. Boye conference kicked off today in Aarhus, Denmark. The first day is the Tutorial Day with topics ranging from content strategy and governance to persuading people with digital content.One of the tutorials -- CMS selection: the process, the pitfalls and the best practices --was presented by analysts Jarrod Gingras of CMS Watch and Peter Sejersen of J. Boye.
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Anyone trying to evaluate open source content management systems is aware that there aren't a lot of recent, useful comparative reviews. What's surprising is that this issue is true even for such popular solutions as Drupal and Joomla.
- #jboy09 Pre Web Idol Competition Consternation. Here at J Boye 2009 the Web Idol competition is about to start. In the line-up we have 23 Video, e-Spirit, Kapow Technologies, Microsoft, Sitecore and TERMINAL Four.
- Ektron Releases Version 8 of CMS400.NET, Unapologetic About Innovation. The long-awaited and rather-delayed release was prematurely leaked a little while ago, but now it’s all official. Ektron CMS400.NET version 8 is live and brings a slew of new features, including usability enhancements, integrated web analytics, API changes, first attempts at CMIS support and new social media capabilities.
- #e2conf Andrew McAfee's Top Enterprise 2.0 No-No's. McAfee explained that while he used to see potential customers approach enterprise tools with skepticism, he's recently noticed a significant shift in attitude.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Director of Engineering-Technical Lead at GigaOm
- UI Developer at Jive Software
- User Interface Designer at Network for good
- Web Designer at Garmin
- Network Architect at GoDaddy.com
- Technical Architect & Integration Specialist at Sitecore
- UI Designer at HuffingtonPost
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Workshop with Lou Rosenfeld: Site Search Analytics -- Nov 9 (Washington D.C)
- WordCamp New York City -- Nov 14-15 (New York City)
- Legal IT Asia 2009 -- Nov 18-19 (Beijing, China)
- Technology Transfer -- Nov 25-26 (Rome, Italy)
- Gilbane Boston -- Dec 1-3 (Boston)
- Online Information 2009 -- Dec 13 (London)
- Intelligent Content 2010 -- Feb 18-19 (Palm Springs, CA)