The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- eXo Provides Collaboration, Content Management to JBoss GateIn. eXo has taken its relationship with RedHat one step further by offering the new JBoss GateIn portal.
- SDL Tridion's New Tool to Monitor Your Brand for Quality and Compliance. They have just released a new tool to help you manage this aspect of your website: SafeGuard.
- IBM Updates ECM Portfolio, Introduces Starter Kits. Apparently having heard the market scream for leaner, smarter product options and cost efficiency, the Big Blue has introduced starter packs.
- Are You Ready for the Pushbutton Web? As you might fear, there's a new kid on the block: the Pushbutton Web. How is this any different from the point and click web we already know so well? Read on.
- Oracle Integrates Semantic Data into Workflows Using OpenCalais. Enterprise behemoth Oracle recently announced its support for OpenCalais, a semantic Web service from Thomson Reuters.
- mojoPortal Upgrades Image Editing Features with TinyMCE. With the release of mojoPortal 22.214.171.124, this simple CMS has focused principally on upgrading its image editing abilities with TinyMCE and FCKeditor WYSIWYG features.
- Web Publishing Roll Up: Why Newspapers Fail? This week newspapers and their journalists get kicked in the shins. Many unfavorable reports depict the state of journalism as lowly and despicable, slow to change and as a result withering in the spotlight of social media.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Web writing, acquisitions and Open Source.
- Why EMC Wants to Buy eDiscovery Vendor Kazeon. No longer rumored in the halls of the ILTA conference, the intent of Enterprise CMS and storage vendor EMC to acquire Kazeon is now official.
- 20 Tips for Improving Your Web Writing. The truth is, most online readers don’t care much about grammar, spelling and punctuation as long as they get the information they need.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in September 2009. Welcome to the September 2009 installment of our what's coming from the open source CMS projects in the next 30 days.
- Quick Peek - Joomla 1.6 Pre Release, Released. The next major version of Joomla, Joomla 1.6, is available in pre-release.
- SaaS Drupal Service 'Drupal Gardens' Moves Towards Launch. We sat down with Tom Erickson, Acquia's CEO, to discuss the Gardens project, the Drupal Theme Builder, Drupal 7 and Acquia's pathways to profitability. Here's what we learned.
- Going, Going, Sold! eBay Sells Skype for US$ 2.7B. Fans of the platform have been waiting for someone to make a move, and now it’s here in the form of a sale. A US$ 2.7 billion sale.
- IBM Acquires SPSS, Adds Predictive Analytics to Tool Belt. SPSS announced that it had called a special meeting of shareholders for October 2, for what will be a definitive vote on the US$ 50 a share deal with IBM.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Technical Writer at Acumatica
- Technical Writer at BaseNine
- XML Analyst at Vasont Systems
- Inside Sales Manager at Coveo
- Marketing Assistant at IKON
- Sales Manager at BAInsight
- Lead Development & Inside Sales Representative at Kazeon Systems
- User Interface Designer at Claromentis
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Aberdeen's CMO Summit 2009 -- Sep 9-10(San Francisco, CA)
- TechCrunch 50 2009 -- Sep 14-15 (San Francisco, CA)
- IDEA Conference 2009 -- Sep 15-16 (Toronto, Canada)
- Collaborate Conference 2009 -- Sep 24-25 (Huntsville, AL)
- Open World Forum Paris 2009 -- Oct 1-2 (Paris)
- Adobe MAX 2009 -- Oct 4-7 (Los Angeles, CA)