The Golden Envelope
With three sections covering software, education and content, the CODiEs have to be one of the best-established and most comprehensive technology awards. This year there are nearly 70 categories covering everything from Best Database Management Solution to Best Online Government Information Service.
Last year, Salesforce.com, Adobe and Novell were the recipients of multiple awards. This year, the cloud makes its appearance in a couple of new categories and there are many familiar -- and some newer -- names aiming for the biggest awards.
The content category winners have already been announced here, with Alacra Pulse winning Best Online Business Information Service and Reuters Insider picking up the Best Video Content Aggregation Service.
And The Nominees Are...
The much sought after Content Management Solution award is between iAPPS Content Manager from BridgeLine, CisionPoint and Crownpeak.com. The award for Collaboration Solution will go to either AngelSoft, U.K. firm Mimecast for Unified Email Solution or Wimba.
The Open Source Solution award is where Drupal is in with a shout, the Social Networking Solution award sees Salesforce.com up for another gong and the Mobile Experience Solution award is between WebEx, NetSuite CRM+ and Salesforce.com
Among other categories of interest to our readers are:
- Application Integration Solution which sees Boomi Atmosphere taking on Cast Iron Integration Solution and Pervasive Software Integration Business Unit.
- Asset Management Solution which sees BDNA Insight 6.0 up against Express Software Manager and K2 KeyAuditor and KeyServer.
- BI/KM Solution sees PivotLink, Luxid and NetCharts in with a shout.
- Cloud Infrstructure Platform is up between JasperSoft, Force.com and Zetta Enterprise Cloud Storage.
- Best Document Mangaement Solution with Cabinet NG's Shared Access Filing Environment up against NextPage Control and SpringCM.
To get to the nominee stage, companies and products have already been through several phases of judging, with more to come before the winners are decided -- those announcements are to be made on May 25.
You can read the full list of categories and nominees here. Winners get to use the CODiEs logo on their products.