It’s a busy month over at Acquia, a provider of value-added products and services for Drupal. The company has announced a new Cloud API and a change in its leadership team.
New Cloud API
The new Acquia Cloud API allows developers to integrate capabilities provided by Acquia’s managed Drupal service, Acquia Cloud, even if they’re not hosted in Acquia’s environment. Developers can use the API to increase architectural consistency across environments without being forced to implement foundational features such as workflow, site management and provisioning from scratch.
The new API provides a number of features:
- Ability to integrate Acquia cloud developer tools such as continuous integration or management tools into all websites and applications, including those hosted on non-Acquia environments
- Triggering custom scripts and commands on workflow actions using Cloud Hooks
- Automatic provisioning to Acquia cloud from any Drupal distribution or using scripting interfaces
The new Acquia Cloud API is available now in beta for all Acquia Cloud customers by request. Acquia is planning a general availability release in April. Acquia will also be demonstrating the Cloud API at Drupalcon in Denver, which being held at the Colorado Convention Center this week.
In addition to announcing the Cloud API, Acquia has named content management industry veteran Joseph Wykes as Vice President of Global Channels. If Wyke’s name looks familiar, we reported about Percussion Software appointing his successor, Deidre Diamond, to President earlier this week. Wykes served as President at Percussion for ten years and led the company’s expansion in the enterprise market before joining Acquia.
In 2011, Acquia expanded its customer base to over 2000 and partner network to over 40%. Wykes' addition to the leadership team will likely further Acquia’s goal of making Drupal a more attractive option for the enterprise market. We will continue to watch Acquia to see if the new leadership team composition causes shifts in how the company markets itself globally.
- Extracting Insight from Unstructured Data
- Box Cops to Bad IPO Timing, It's Time to Unbox
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Big Data is Getting Smaller and Smarter
- Who Are the 100 Fastest Growing Software Companies?
- Chaos Reigns at Content Management Vendors
- B2B Marketers: Think More Like Brand Marketers