New Office, Old Home
Acquia is pushing open source CMS Drupal around the world to enterprises on the back of great growth in 2010. To do that they need boots on the ground and Jim Shaw is the man to lead the surge. The former Software AG and webMethods man is taking on the role of General Manager for Europe.
His role will involve the setting up of a European HQ, adding to the existing support and ops staff, and helping push business development. He will help communicate the values of Drupal and what Acquia can offer. Said Tom Erickson, CEO of Acquia
“We have aggressive plans to work with European partners and establish Drupal as the standard for social publishing in enterprises and government, leveraging the tremendous popularity it already has there."
It's sort of a spiritual homecoming for Drupal which was originally developed in Belgium.
With some 700 clients in 30 countries there is a lot of ground to cover and more new ground to break into. And with the release of Drupal 7 only recently, we are sure there are lots of enterprises wondering what this latest version has to offer.
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- What's Next for Big Data? Predictions for 2015
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Honest-to-God, Absolutely True Marketing Predictions for 2015
- 2015 Forecast: The Sun is Out for Cloud Computing
- 8 Components of a Truly Integrated Digital Workplace
- 6 C's for More Efficient IT In 2015 [Infographic]