Czech Republic CMS provider Kentico has expanded the toolset supported to develop it's CMS solutions now including support for Visual Studio 2008.
Kentico, which just recently released Web 2.0 capabilities in its CMS 2.3 version, has gone even further with this new version to enable developers to include even more social networking functionality.
Kentico CMS is a .net based web content management solution built on the ASP.Net platform.
New features in the 3.0 version include:
* Ability to use Safari 3.0 and Firefox 2.5 on Mac for Administration
* Support for both Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 (which includes the .Net Framework 3.5)
* Compatibility with Vista and IIS7
* New Booking System Module - site owners can publish an event calendar and manage registrations
* A Geomapping module - integrates Google Maps into web sites
* A new AJAX image gallery and slideshow web parts
* Support for Authorize.NET and PayPal payment gateways
There's a hectic of a lot more new features and improvements on old ones. Far too many to list here.
Adding the support for Visual Studio 2008 provides developers with the ability to build Kentico CMS websites using AJAX and Silverlight functionality. This pushes the envelope for really good interactive websites.
There's a free trial if you are interested, or watch an online demo.