The Imaging Source, a Microsoft partner focusing on solutions for Visual Studio, has come out with an update to their product TX Text Control that enables developers to add functionality to their applications for creating PDF/A documents.
The TX Text Control is a word processing component that is integrated into business applications. It provides the ability to not only create documents as PDF/A documents but also to convert them from other formats such as Office Open XML (DOCX), MS Word (DOC) and Rich Text Format (RTF).
The text control component has been built using the ISO 19005-1:2005 standard. This standard defines a format for long-term electronic archiving of documents, something that has become crucial due to retention and ediscovery
Some features of the component include:
* Edit, convert, create and modify documents
* Support for DOCX, DOC, RTF, PDF, XML, HTML, CSS, GIF, BMP, JPG, PNG, ANSI, Unicode and more
* Mail-merge, compatible to MS Word
* Sections, nested tables, text frames, headers, footers, hyperlinks, bullets, numbered lists, zoom, page view, images, OLE objects
* Ready to use localized dialog boxes, rulers and toolbars
* Royalty-free client versions
* Free developer support
You can get the component in a server or client version and as either an .Net or ActiveX control. It's available for Visual Studio
2005 and 2008 in both a 32 bit and 64 bit version.
The final version of TX Text Control
is expected for the first quarter of 2009.
Depending on what version you want, you'll pay anywhere from US$ 549.00 to US$ 2,998.00. Feel free to try it before you buy it