dotCMS (news, site) is getting ready to dot the i's and cross the t's on version 1.9 Community Edition release of their open source J2EE/Java Web CMS. You can see the progress by checking out the just released “Developer Preview.”
To give you a little taste of what to expect in the upcoming release:
- New UI built using the Dojo toolkit with UX improvements
- Improved multi-site management for large scale scenarios
- Interoperability via a CMIS interface
- i18n compliant admin tools for better internationalization
- Changes to roles and permissions model with substitution of groups for hierarchical roles and role membership
- New Form Builder Tool for web data collection
Trial download (still buggy, not recommended for production environments) can be found here. Currently in beta, the GA release of 1.9 is expected shortly.
Later this year, dotCMS also plans to release “the code-hardened enterprise version” of their product based on version 1.9 Community Edition.