DotNetNuke (news, site) has released the latest version of their web content management platform. Version 5.3 is packed with new tools for content administrators, as well as some enhanced social media functionality.
Updates to Support Improved Content Management
There are a few different editions of DotNetNuke -- not all of them have the same features and functionality. But if you have or are interested in either the Professional or Elite editions, then there are some new features to learn about.
What's New in Professional and Elite 5.3
The new features specific to Professional and Elite are focused on making the management of content easier. These include:
- New Page level Approval Workflow: Workflow customization have been greatly improved offering administrators the ability to create their own workflows anyway they need to.
- Page Editing: You will now see a new option called My Editable Pages. From here you will have access to all the pages and modules you have permission to edit.
- Ribbon Bar Control Panel: This new control panel offers quick access to editing options such as creating pages, installing modules, editing and previewing content, and more.
The Community is Not Left Out
Of course, as DotNetNuke is an open source Web CMS built on .NET, you know the community would not be overlooked when it comes to updates. There are a few new features in the open source core that are available to all editions of DotNetNuke. These include:
- A new taxonomy system
- A rich user profile for social networking
- A new message repository and associated API
The last update to DotNetNuke was in December and included the introduction of Telerik RadControls that provide improved user interfaces.
To learn more about the updates in DNN 5.3, visit their website, try an online demo or attend a webinar.