The book is aimed at users of all experience levels--that includes you, beginners!--as well as, designers, themers and webmasters.
Once you get your Drupal site and up and running, this book will help you to implement performance modules and solutions for keeping track of site performance as well as kicking overall speed up a notch.
The book starts off easy by covering introductory topics such as upgrading and maintaining your site, and enabling core Drupal page compression and caching. Afterward, a shift in the advanced direction for a look at contributed modules for helping speed up performance. Lastly, you'll learn how best to implement and run a Drupal multisite environment.
Here's a breakdown of the topics covered:
- Upgrade your Drupal 5 site to Drupal 6 using best practice upgrade paths
- Back up and maintain your Drupal 6 site using core and contributed modules and utilities
- Configure the Drupal core and contributed modules for high traffic
- Run core Drupal page compression, CSS and JS compression, and use Drupal page caching
- Run scheduled cron tasks to perform crucial garbage-collection processes
- Use the Development (Devel) module to monitor page loads and queries
- Use the Boost module for anonymous page caching, tweak Boost settings, and use Boost blocks and advanced Boost settings to monitor site performance
- Install and use Memcache API and Integration module, and Authcache and Advanced Cached modules to enhance and monitor site performance
- Configure a Drupal multisite environment for best performance
Normally it'll cost you about US$ 39.99, but there are currently some discounts available. Check it out.