it has been extended one week to September 7th, so all patches that come prior to this are still acceptable.DrupalCon Paris, saying that
Once DrualCon Paris is over, Buytaert said that he and Angela Byron will do a review of everything that has been marked as ready to be committed. They will then commit what is truly ready.
After September 7, Drupal will enter a five week "code slush". During this period, patches will be allowed. But where these patches include new features and functionality, only the following will be considered:
- Up to 10 carefully selected exceptions for new features
- Important API changes for existing features
- Usability, accessibility, testing, documentation and performance
Drupal 7 — Code Freeze Schedule (September 2, 2009)
On October 15th there will be an API freeze including markup and schema freezes. The focus becomes about "final polish".
Buytaert's suggestion to all Drupal developers: start upgrading your contributed modules now. The opportunity to address any issues with the new API is limited and the clock is ticking.
- Has Google Delivered a Killer Blow to Microsoft Office Apps?
- Should You Use LinkedIn to Build a Network or an Audience?
- A Graceful Exit for Box?
- 5 Marketing Lessons From HubSpot
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- Marketing Automation: 3 Trends to Watch
- Dave Gray on Work Like a Network and the Role of Hierarchies