it has been extended one week to September 7th, so all patches that come prior to this are still acceptable.DrupalCon Paris, saying that
Once DrualCon Paris is over, Buytaert said that he and Angela Byron will do a review of everything that has been marked as ready to be committed. They will then commit what is truly ready.
After September 7, Drupal will enter a five week "code slush". During this period, patches will be allowed. But where these patches include new features and functionality, only the following will be considered:
- Up to 10 carefully selected exceptions for new features
- Important API changes for existing features
- Usability, accessibility, testing, documentation and performance
Drupal 7 — Code Freeze Schedule (September 2, 2009)
On October 15th there will be an API freeze including markup and schema freezes. The focus becomes about "final polish".
Buytaert's suggestion to all Drupal developers: start upgrading your contributed modules now. The opportunity to address any issues with the new API is limited and the clock is ticking.
- The Problem With Yammer? People Don't Use It
- Did Forrester Get Its Digital Experience Wave Right?
- Want Engaged Employees? Show Them the Big Picture
- Forrester Wave: No Leaders in Digital Experience Delivery
- A Man, a Blouse and an Awesome Customer Experience
- Reinventing Digital Asset Management
- Who Will Become a Gartner MQ EFSS Challenger in 2015?