All this and more at the eZ Conference and Awards 2009 to be held for the first time ever outside Norway at the end of June.
Gathering in Paris, delegates from 30 countries will discuss and analyze three main themes over the two day conference that will include contributions from some of the top people in the field.
Three Subject Streams
This year’s conference, with a mixed-background audience in mind, will focus on:
- eZtechnology: Search technology as well as any and all PHP related subjects
- Digital Media: Where people working in the industry will analyze the current position of online media companies
- Web Content Management: As it stands and where analysts expect it to stand in the future.
With an opening keynote speech by ECM senior analyst at Forrester, Steve Powers, participants will also be able to catch presentations by Gruner + Jahr, the Oslo Stock Exchange, Prisma Presse, Random House and The Christian Science Monitor.
The event will also give users and non-users alike the chance to meet up with the eZ Crew, find out what’s coming up in future eZ versions, and find out what they plan to do with Open Source in the future.
The eZ awards will also take place during this weekend where members of the eZ ecosystem will be acknowledged for their participation as developers, article and blog authors, as well as their many lines of code, bug fixes and expertise in technical matters.
While the full programme has some real crowd-pleasers, some of the keynote speakers worth keeping an eye and ear out for this year are:
- Steve Powers, Senior Analyst at Forrester, will open the conference by looking at the past, present and possible futures of Web Content Management. In particular he will focus on why first generation WCM has failed, how next generation WCM’s are dealing with it and what enterprises should be thinking about before investing.
- Pierre Spilleboudt, CEO at Audaxis will look at what he believes are the most promising open source applications on the market to build a company’s portfolio. In this track, Audaxis will share its vision on Enterprise 2.0 and provide feedback on support provided for more than 10 years to organizations looking for innovation by going “web”.
- Aleksander Farstad, CEO at eZ Systems will deliver a speech entitled "10 years of Open Source Content Management” where he will outline some of the lessons learned along the way with 10 years of eZ.
- James Hewes, Head of International Development at BBC Magazines will ask whether publishers should merge print and digital teams? How does the content flow across the whole organization and how does it get distributed internationally? Hewes will explain how the organizational aspects at BCC have been key factors of success in their digital publishing projects.
The conference this year is sponsored by Audaxis (global sponsor), YMC (eZ Awards ceremony sponsor), Alterway (developer track sponsor), Prosodie (WCM track sponsor) and Varnish (Redpill Linpro, digital media track sponsor).
The conference takes place on Thursday, June 25 – Friday, June 26 in Eurosites, 28 George V, Avenue Geroge V, and Paris 75008.