Team Movable Type (news, site) says it's beta time again. Released just yesterday, Movable Type 5 beta 3 focuses on bettering various user interface elements, and will reportedly be the second to last fix we receive before two scheduled release candidates.
"At this point we’re targeting for a late November launch of MT5," writes Beau Smith of Six Apart on Movable Type's developer blog. "A more specific date will be available as MT5 code stabilizes."
According to Smith, the major improvements in beta 3 include:
- Allow sub-domain blogs under one single website
- [Create New] shortcut button on Website/Blog dashboard.
- Cleaner and simpler User Dashboard
- Improved menu and button placement on [Edit Entry/Page] screens
- Download a zipped theme file when user [Exports Theme]
Though Smith claims that this particular beta "feels very fresh and new" there's always room for improvement. Be a good developer or MT user by checking out the full list of enhancements and fixes here, download, and do your part in making sure beta 4 is a step up by reporting any bugs you find during testing.