Google-focused systems integrator and developer Appogee offers a way to add workflow features for users publishing and working in Google Sites.
Appogee Offers Content Approval for Google Sites
Appogee Content Approval is a new web development tool in app form that allows company employees, project workers, collaborators and other users to produce content for a Google Site without the owner having to manage extensive admin permissions.
Instead, users of Google Sites can add Appogee's content submission form, a typical-looking form that the user fills in to submit content, be it a request, suggestion or other feature. Content supplied can include text or images. Using Appogee Content Approval, submissions can be approved for the site, or refused if not meeting the site's needs or standards.
Give It a Go
So, for example, a new company or one starting an intranet can set up a Google Sites page and welcome contributions from all over the shop without needing to set up user access privileges or other admin tasks.
The app comes with a 14-day free trial. If it meets your needs, then a license for each Google Site for an unlimited amount of users costs US$ 121 or UK£ 75. Appogee also offers a collective bookmarking app for Google Sites users, an absence management utility and domain management tools, and can custom develop apps for clients.
For those interested in the underlying design, there's an interesting look at the app's development on the company blog.
- Is Box Writing Enterprise Content Management's Obituary?
- Customer Journeys Trump the Traditional Sales Cycle
- The Future of SharePoint is the Cloud #gartnerpcc
- Gartner Names Wise Choices for Workplace Social Software
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- 12 Steps To A Successful ECM Deployment #gartnerpcc
- Are You a Top 20 Document Management Vendor? [Infographic]