Open source content management system (CMS) vendor Jahia has released four new products off the Jahia 7 platform that debuted in April.
The Geneva, Switzerland-based provider released today Portal Factory, its new enterprise portal solution.
What the Portal Brings
Elie Auvray, CEO of Jahia Solutions Group SA, told CMSWire that Jahia Portal Factory introduces a new paradigm to Jahia 7 called "Digital Industrialization."
Based on Jahia 7, the open source provider announced four new products — either a new version or brand new products — that benefit from the Digital Industrialization paradigm:
- Digital Factory: Jahia's open source Java CMS launched April 1 (formerly known as Jahia xCM)
- Portal Factory: An application aggregation solution announced today and available by June 30
- Workspace Factory: Social and collaborative document sharing solution launched April 1 (formerly known as Jahia Wise)
- ECommerce Factory: to be announced later this year
CMSWire asked what makes the Jahia platform and new developments announced today unique. Auvray said the Portal Factory "wow effect" is that it's "the most comprehensive application aggregation solution for mission critical projects."
It combines, he said, a unique integration in one single solution of advanced CMS features with enterprise portal features together with non-intrusive legacy/existing application aggregation thanks to the integration Esigate, of a new open source framework.
"Our brand new external data provider is a new core service developed by Jahia which enables developers to declare bridges between internal content and external repositories without neither copy nor duplication or synchronization," Auvray said.
He also touted the agile development with the Jahia Studio inherited from the Jahia 7 platform and its secured reusability and deployments thanks to its Private App Store software.
- Office 365 is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Don't Hold Your Breath: SharePoint Release Delayed
- Who Leads in Multichannel Campaign Management?
- 8 Tips to Spring Clean Your Digital Work Life
- Hey Cloudera & MapR: Open Data Platform is the Real Deal
- 4 Reasons ECM Needs To Go Digital
- Does the Apple Watch Signal a Post-Browser World?