The knowledge management site KMWorld has produced its list of the outfits making waves in the world of data awareness. Is anyone you know on the list? The answer is a resounding yes.
More Debate Than Award
The list is, by the publisher's own admission, more of a talking point than a glittery awards event. It is compiled by users, analysts and integrators and is just that, a list -- not categorized or neatly pigeon-holed. So, who do we recognize from this year's crowd in areas of interest to CMSWire readers?
Who's On The List?
- Business Process Management - Appian
- Content Management - Alfresco, Alterian, ASG, Autonomy, Bridgeline, Ektron, Fatwire, SDL, Sitecore, SpringCM
- Data Capture - Abbyy
- Document/Asset Management - Just Systems, Netdocuments, Open Text
- eDiscovery - CaseCentral, Recommind
- Publishing- Adobe
- SharePoint Tools - AvePoint, BA Insights
- Social Software - Jive Software
Alfresco and Avepoint were new to the list this year, while vanishing from last year's list were Coveo and Inmagic among others. Other companies from the wider world that made the list were Dow Jones, along with regulars such as Microsoft and SAP.
So, there you have it, talk among yourselves about what it means to you and whether any useful information can be gleaned from it. Who do you think was worthy of a mention?