Making the Lives of .NET Developers Easier
Along with offering a .NET web content management solution, Sitefinity, Telerik provides development tools and user interface components designed to make the creation of websites and applications quick and easy.
Last year they offered betas of two new products:
- Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC: Licensed under the GPLv2 there are a number of extensions including Calendar, DataPicker, Menu, TreeView and more. The extensions are an alternative to using ASP.NET Web Forms. They are built using JQuery, support the MVC ViewEngine and work across all major browsers.
Both of these products are now officially released. The Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC also has a commercial license that includes support.
Improvements to the Developer Toolbox
There are a number of other improvements to the toolbox, including:
- Performance optimizations in the XAML controls
- A new Visual Designer for OpenAccess ORM enabling the creation of a data-driven project quickly
- Support for VistaDB is also now included in the OpenAccess ORM
- A new version of Visual Style Builder for RadControls for WinForms
- Two new controls for the ASP.NET AJAX suite: RadFiler and RadAsyncUpload
- The ASP.NET AJAX suite also supports Visual Studio 2010 RC and .NET 4.0 RC, including out of the box intellisense.
If all these improvements make you happy and you want to purchase entire Telerik Premium Collection for .NET, it will cost US$ 1,299 per developer seat.
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- What's Next for Big Data? Predictions for 2015
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Honest-to-God, Absolutely True Marketing Predictions for 2015
- 2015 Forecast: The Sun is Out for Cloud Computing
- 8 Components of a Truly Integrated Digital Workplace
- 6 C's for More Efficient IT In 2015 [Infographic]