Open source WCM provider, ocPortal (news, site), dropped a major release this week bring it to a solid version 7.0. Packed with numerous new features and lots of enhancements and bug fixes, you can be sure that backward compatibility has been maintained.
Major Release, Upgrade Suggested
The list of new features and enhancements seems endless, which is probably why the gang at ocPortal is suggesting that you upgrade. They point to a lot of strong constructive feedback that has been beneficial in building this latest version.
Some of the enhancements include:
- A new iPhone preview shows you what your app will look like on the iPhone
- WYSIWYG editor enhancements such as tooltips for Comcode tags and image drag and drop in FireFox
- A ton of content editing improvements:
- Table of data, not just a list
- Tooltips that show preview of content
- Edit in separate window option in Tree View
- Content massing adding
- Improved Site Tree for quicker editing of site content and structure
- A revamped Set up Wizard
- Compliance with EU cookie legislation
Okay, so that's just a sampling of what you can expect new in ocPortal 7.
Here's a look at some of the updates. These are all using default configurations, including the theme, with a bit of test content thrown in. Some are from the generic shareddemo.myocp.com.
ocPortal Site Tree Editor
ocPortal Table based Editor
ocPortal Mobile Preview