It's that time again -- Packt (news, site) is announcing the winners of its Open Source CMS Awards. The lucky ones are narrowed down via community voting, and then judges make the final evaluations. Throughout this week we'll find out who won in each of the 4 categories:
- Best Other Open Source CMS -- Congrats to the Plone (news, site) project for retaining last year's title!
- Best Open Source PHP CMS -- Congrats to Drupal who's win was announced this morning.
- Most Promising Open Source CMS -- Coming November 11, 2009.
- Best Overall Open Source CMS -- Coming November 13, 2009.
Runners up for 2009's Best Other Open Source CMS are dotCMS (news, site) and mojoPortal (news, site). The winning projects receive prize money as well, $2000 to Plone and $500 each for dotCMS and mojoPortal. Previous winners for this category include Plone's 2008 win and mojoPortal in 2007.
Those who made Packt's 2009 Open Source CMS Most Valued People list were also announced. the list includes:
- Robert Campbell for CMS Made Simple (news, site)
- Dries Buytaert for Drupal (news, site)
- Louis Landry for Joomla! (news, site)
- Ryan thrash for MODx (news, site)
- Joe Audette for mojoPortal (news, site)
- Kasper Skaarhoj for TYPO3 (news, site)
- Leo Feyer for TYPOlight (news, site)
- Taiwen Jiang for XOOPS (news, site)
List members were nominated by the developers and community of each project.
[Editor's Note: Check out our 2009 Open Source CMS Market Share report for details on the 20 most popular open source content management systems.]