Mobile is hot in web content management systems (CMS). Exciting. But not easy.
"Anything related to mobile is still tough, not the least of which is that budgets for mobile channels are still in the 'experimental phase," Tim McLaughlin, president and founder of Siteworx,a digital agency and system integrator based in Reston, Va., told us earlier this year."This is despite the fact that the results already show that we are well past that stage. But in hindsight, that should not surprise us since it wasn’t until last year that advertisers started reallocating significant budgets from traditional — print, TV, etc. — to digital."
Despite the challenges, Raw Engineering dives into mobile head first. A software technology company specializing in mobile app and web application development in the cloud, Raw Engineering today released contentstack.io. Officials hail it as a mobile first content management system for the enterprise.
Quicker Changes Promised
Raw engineering builds contentstack.io on top of its mobile platform built.io. It comes with mobile enablement built in, rather than bolted on, officials told CMSWire.
Content published to a website can be directly consumed and displayed by a mobile app. Content changes come in minutes, not days or weeks, they promised.
Neha Sampat, CEO of raw engineering, said in a statement that contentstack.io doubles down on core CMS features and delivers enterprise requirements. However, it "stays clear of the feature bloat that have made legacy CMS packages so cumbersome and complex."
The new platform avoids the need for a developer to change code. However, only authorized users can change content. Enterprises also have the ability to set it up so authorized users can verify that all updates adhere to company policies and follow approved templates.
Key features of contentstack.io include:
- Ability for developer to update the look, feel, organization and behavior independently of content
- Versioning and rollback
- Authentication and access management
- Scheduled publishing
- Simultaneous update across pages
- Publishing to multiple platforms (smartphone, tablet, etc.)
- Content aggregation via APIs
- Gartner Names Wise Choices for Workplace Social Software
- 6 Things to Consider Before Buying Enterprise Social Software
- Is Box Writing Enterprise Content Management's Obituary?
- The Future of SharePoint is the Cloud #gartnerpcc
- Discussion Point: Why are We Still Stuck on Email?
- Change Your Gmail Password - Now
- Customer Journeys Trump the Traditional Sales Cycle