Getting Feedback From the Community
Sitefinity 4.0 is currently out as a CTP -- a community release. Its purpose is to get feedback from the community on what is currently being developed. It is not feature complete, that will come with the Beta release sometime late this summer.
But it's nice to get a peek at what the next version of Telerik's web content management system is going to look like. Here's a taste:
- New Project Manager: A new desktop Project Manager app helps you create, deploy and upgrade projects quickly. It includes a built-in web server to help you test connections prior to deployment.
- Images Module: Lots of capabilities in the new Images Module including organizing albums, generating thumbnails, image resizing and more.
- Localization: You will be able to localize the Admin interface including menus, labels and messages.
- New Layout Builder: New layout templates that can be customized via a drag and drop interface.
- Advanced Security and Permissions: Strong password verification policies, per user permissions that can be applied to any part of the CMS (pages, content items, CMS setting, etc).
- Taxonomy: Support for both tags and categories, and facet and network taxonomies. Categorization is provider and database independent which means you can categorize content in different locations using the same taxonomy.
Sitefinity 4.0 CTP - Page Templates
This is only a sample of the changes in Sitefinity 4.0. There have also been performance and UI improvements, integrated Google Analytics and CMS intelligence, custom module creation and more.
According to the roadmap for 4.0 we should also expect to see features such as a Forms Modules, integration with Windows Workflow foundation and advanced search.
To see everything that's new and download the CTP itself, visit Sitefinity's website
You can also watch the following video introducing 4.0: