Smallbox, a hosted CMS provider from beautiful Vancouver, has proudly announced the release of Smallbox CMS version 5.
The most up-to-date version of this solution is claimed by Smallbox to be an important step forward in the evolution of content management software. That's a rather enthusiastic statement, so let's look at what's backing them up.
Yeah, They Really Did Say “Blazing-Fast”!
New Smallbox CMS version 5 features and benefits include:
- A new file handling system and pre-rendered page caching for “blazing-fast” page loads
- Individual page publishing controls
- Direct edit interface that allow one-click access to edit a child module
- A cleaner workspace with “intuitive” top-down menus that mirror traditional offline software applications
- Post-dating and auto-expire for control publishing of site content
- Enhanced SEO options with domain amalgamation that ensures search engines receive high-value, unique content
- A new .FLV player for streaming video in Flash format
High Hopes for the
Little Small Guy
Company's principal Michael Williams says, “We believe our customers and the Web development community at large will immediately see the benefits of using our content management software to develop creatively-driven and intuitively-designed sites that marry form and function.”
Well, that's not as enthusiastic, but form and function marrying? We like the sound of that. And the direct edit interface is a fairly attractive feature as well.
The new Site Management Interface (SMI) provides access points that highlight editable content. This means that users can quickly and easily modify copy, images or video. Version 5 also claims to provide powerful new publishing features that allow a greater degree of control over which content to publish, but further details of this aspect have yet to be reported.
As long as Smallbox holds up to its promises of all the glory that is version 5, there's no reason this Canadian company won't ignite.
The Scoop on Smallbox
Smallbox Software has been in the CMS business since 1999. They offer their services to more than 100 clients on all levels of business from international organizations to tiny start-ups in your home office.
Thanks to what they call an intuitive online environment, their flagship product Smallbox CMS allows users to add, edit and delete Web content with the greatest of ease. No downloading. No IT folk. No problem.
For more information on Smallbox, visit their site at www.smallboxsoftware.net
- Forrester: Move Faster on App Development
- World Cup Website Hacked: Is Yours Vulnerable, Too?
- A Man, a Blouse and an Awesome Customer Experience
- Reinventing Digital Asset Management
- Microsoft Strikes Google by Slashing Office 365 Prices #WPC14
- Thank You, Apple-IBM? Why Mega Deal is Good for Microsoft
- Can You Name the Top 10 IoT Companies?