On May 20th, the CODiE's were awarded at an Awards Gala in San Francisco, California. From the over 1,000 nominations from 600 companies, winners were chosen in a number of categories including software, content, education and corporate.
It should come as no surprise that Clickability won the award for Best Content Management Solution. They still have some work to do though to beat Saleforce.com as the Best Software as a Service Solution...The CODiE's are put on by the The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA). We told you about Clickability's executives joining SIIA executive boards right? The Judging Process The judging processes occurs in two phases or rounds. The first round includes Judges from the industry and subject-matter experts. This judging round determines the CODiE Awards Finalists.
The second round is a peer-review process by SIIA member companies who cast votes for winners in each category.
So in essence, this is very much a vote by the industry and by peers -- a win-win award. Best Content Management Solution The award for Best Content Management Solution recognizes a solution or platform that adds real value to content accessed or distributed by the enterprise or end-user. Clickability was up against CMS vendors like Nstein, MarkLogic, Ingeniux and Attributor. They consider this award a major win for them as they were the only pure-play software as a service (SaaS) vendor in the category for Content Management.
Other Winners Included
You can view the entire list of awards on their site, but here are some of the names and categories that caught our eye:
* Best Collaboration Solution - Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional, Adobe Systems, Inc.
* Best Digital Rights Management Solution - Aladdin HASP SRM, Aladdin Knowledge Systems, Ltd.
* Best Document Management Solution - ProSystem fx Document ASP, CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
* Best Enterprise Search Engine - Coveo Enterprise Search 5.0, Coveo
* Best On-Demand Platform - Force.com, Salesforce.com
* Best Open Source Solution - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Red Hat, Inc.
* Best Relationship Management Solution - Salesforce CRM, Salesforce.com
* Best Social Networking Solution - ELAvate, Neighborhood America, Inc.
* Best Software as a Service Solution - Salesforce CRM, Salesforce.com
Congratulations to all winners and especially to Clickability -- although we hope they don't get too high and mighty and stop delivering a quality content management service.
CMSWire is a popular web magazine published by Simpler Media Group. We provide news, advice and analysis for professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 500+ authoritative articles per quarter for a community of over 750,000 market influencers.