The phrase "Web Content Management" was hardly uttered at this week's Gartner Portals, Content and Collaboration (PCC) event in Los Angeles. Instead the nomenclature has morphed into "channel optimization technologies" and "web engagement management".
That's more dream than reality though. When you talk off the record with the people in the field, the truth is that most clients are still doing Web Content Management 101. WEM as a vision may sell, but in the trenches, we're still in 2009. This month we'll be working on bridging that gap -- April is WEM month at CMSWire.
- SharePoint: Is It Worth Using as a Collaboration Tool?
- Collaboration in the Era of Crowdsourcing
- The Record Stays in Place: SharePoint 2010 Records Management Governance Plans
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Collaborators
- From Social Media to Social CRM, Does IBM Know What Social CRM Is?
- Alfresco Wants to Make Content Management More Social
- Salesforce.com Adds Real-time Social Intelligence Through Acquisition of Radian6
- 5 Ways to Get New Employees to Collaborate
- Freemium vs Paid: Is the Traditional B2B Model Dead?
- Secrets of the Social Graph for the Enterprise
Around the Web
- 8 CMS features customers want but never use
- The Fortune 100 League of Extraordinarily Social CMOs
- With sentiment analysis, context always matters
- Designing for the Future Web
- The Reported Death of Email Is Premature
Featured Events (all events | post an event)
- Apr 05, 2011 -- The Content Revolution Tour Atlanta -- Creating Engaging Experiences
- Apr 07, 2011 -- Web CMS Vendor Debate: Sitefinity vs Kentico
- Apr 12, 2011 -- The Content Revolution Tour Irvine -- Creating Engaging Experiences
- Apr 13, 2011 -- The Content Revolution Tour San Francisco -- Creating Engaging Experiences
- May 09, 2011 -- Brain Traffic Content Strategy Conference - ConFab 2011
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post a job)
- Product Manager - Mobile at Facebook
- User Interface Design Engineer at OmniUpdate
- CMO at Quirky
- Social Media Marketing Intern at Likeable Media
- Content Strategist at Geonetric