OCEE 3.0 is a commercial extension for the open source web content management system, OpenCms, that offers support for LDAP, clustering, replication and performance improvements. Version 3.0 comes with the following features and fixes:
- OCEE Accelerator improved with memory usage information for caching statistics
- OCEE LDAP Connector updated with group name translation when using Microsoft Active Directory and support for nested groups
- Issues in backward replication in OCEE Replicator and special characters in OCEE LDAP Connector fixed
OCEE Accelerator Statistics
Ideal for Running On an Enterprise Setting
OCEE adds commercial-grade features to the open-source Web CMS that make it ideal for running in a medium to large enterprise setting, particularly in cases where data security and performance are essential. OCEE features multi-staging scenarios and central server configuration for improved performance and easier maintenance.
- Multi-staging scenarios with OCEE Replicator enables administrators to configure multiple stages, which might include a development server and delivery server, so that data can first be processed for different approval stages prior to delivery.
- Centralized server configuration with OCEE Cluster allows administrators to manage scheduled jobs, module parameters and index configuration on multiple machines all from a single GUI.
- Support for multiple OpenCms organizational units lets administrators connect each unit with an individual path on the LDAP server.
- An improved cache policy flushes content selectively after publishing, leading to better performance.
OCEE Cluster Overview
OCEE LDAP Connector User Management
OCEE offers a browser-based interface for managing OpenCms installations, and is available from Alkacon as a licensed software product. Version 3.0 ensures full compatibility with the recently-released OpenCms 8. Version 2.1.4 and is compatible with OpenCms 7.x, although Alkacon offers upgrade licenses and upgrade assistance to existing users.