Well, it looks like Web analytics is making the headlines just about everywhere this year. Australian startup Effective Measure, for example, just raised US$ 4 million in a first round of funding from Rho Ventures.
The company offers digital Audience Measurement, website rankings, internet demographics and media planning tools for publishers, agencies and digital marketers. Basic capabilities include:
- Generate site, publisher and category specific search keyword and phrase reports to understand visitor intent.
- Insight into web, mobile and console usage across all publishers & websites, including full support for IFABC and IAB metrics.
- Insight into trends and consumer behavior.
- ClickStream analysis reveals usage patterns among publishers, websites and site content areas. Understand shifts in the audience for publishers and websites over specified time periods. .
- Drag and drop data onto the work space and organize it to suit your clients reporting needs. Build a report once, from scratch or a template, then either schedule or run the report on demand.
Effective Measure interface
"We are delighted to have venture capitalists of this caliber and depth able to come into our startup and help us build the company," said Scott Julian, CEO and co-founder of Effective Measure. "These new funds will enable us to extend our leadership position in audience measurement and deliver enhanced capabilities to Web publishers and advertisers alike."
Meanwhile, David Carlick, venture partner at Rho Ventures, will join Effective Measure's Board of Directors. Carlick's previous experience involves a heavy load of digital media and marketing, with board status at companies like Ask Jeeves, DoubleClick, International Network Services and Intermix Media (MySpace).
"We are excited to be involved with this talented team, in this emerging set of markets," said Carlick. "The global online advertising business is growing rapidly and Effective Measure is going to provide increasing validation and momentum for that growth in the markets we serve."