Dynamic Content in SharePoint
There are other ways to get dynamic content into your SharePoint site, but this one is designed for the less technical user — or anyone who wants to create dynamic content fast. The web part is a free tool that enables you to offer dynamic, data-driven content on any SharePoint page. This includes data from SharePoint lists, SharePoint sites — including cross-site content or any non-SharePoint content.
Of course it does require you to develop an understanding of scripting using the NVelocity template language.
SharePoint Solutions Data Web Part
There are a number of extensions available for this web part that enable you to pull content into SharePoint from external data sources. A free one is the SharePoint Data Zoom Extension for Syndication which enables you to pull in content from ATOM and RSS feeds.
There are a number of other extensions including Active Directory, SQL Server, ASP.NET Membership Services and Salesforce.com. Each of these extensions will cost you US$ 495.00.
Data Zoom Web Part - RSS/ATOM Example
The Web Part's source editor provides command menus for helper utilities for accessing, manipulating and formatting data.
Installation for the Web Part is a 3 step process that includes installing the Web Part on your Front-end Web Servers, deploying the WSP file to the SharePoint Server farm and activating the new feature.
The SharePoint Data Zoom Web Part works for both WSS and MOSS and requires version 3.5 of the .NET framework.
Download your copy now.
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- Discussion Point: Why are We Still Stuck on Email?
- Sitecore Takes on the Competition with Version 8 #SYMNA
- A Look at the Top of Gartner's Mobile App Development World
- 6 Things to Consider Before Buying Enterprise Social Software
- Office 365 Now Makes You Look Smarter via Office Delve
- 5 Steps for Building a SharePoint Migration Plan