There's a Web App for That
Though mobile apps spend a considerable amount of time in the headlines, Conduit's president, Adam Boyden, says the growth of his company's network is a clear reflection of the growing popularity of browser-based predecessors.
“While most of the buzz in the media is about mobile apps, the reality of the situation is that 118 million more people use Conduit-powered apps than iPhone and Droid apps combined," said the company. "In fact, the Conduit Network of app publishers and users is so large that we are able to identify unique trends about web app usage.”
These trends include:
- Entertainment apps: This is the largest segment among the hundreds of verticals represented in Conduit App Marketplace; 24.4 percent of the apps were created in this category since the launch of the marketplace.
- News apps: 19.5 percent of apps in the Conduit marketplace deliver news from sources such as Fox News iVillage, and TechCrunch.
- Social media apps: These apps make up 18.2 percent of the bunch, and was the fastest growing category among end users during the last year.
“Conduit is doing for Web apps what iPhone did for mobile apps and in a bigger market – the browser," claimed Conduit's president, Adam Boyden. "We are enabling web publishers to feed the insatiable desire by consumers to grab great content and functionality in a simple, elegant tool. The last year has been phenomenal for Conduit not only because we have worked with some of the best brands in the world, but also, more importantly because we have leveled the playing field for small publishers and developers to give them exposure and distribution comparable to huge companies.”
Building with Conduit
Further, there are plenty of community resources and tutorial videos to refer to for the not so coding-savvy. Check out more info here.
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- What's Next for Big Data? Predictions for 2015
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Honest-to-God, Absolutely True Marketing Predictions for 2015
- Hortonworks IPO: Why It Has to Happen Tomorrow
- 6 C's for More Efficient IT In 2015 [Infographic]
- 2015 Forecast: The Sun is Out for Cloud Computing