Mediafeedia hopes to lure SMBs with the release of their new social media management tool designed exclusively for Facebook. The free offering enables businesses to manage and publish content on their Facebook pages from one central Web-based location-- no downloading necessary.
Here's how it works: Import the Facebook business pages that you currently administer. These pages will then be added to your mediafeedia dashboard and synchronized with Facebook. From the dashboard, you can then perform the following actions:
- Manage multiple Facebook fan pages from a single dashboard;
- Receive e-mail notifications about comments on fan pages and respond directly via email;
- Post real-time Facebook status updates that include text, images, links and link attachments;
- Schedule future wall posts for specific dates and times;
- View and edit scheduled messages;
- Share Facebook page responsibilities with other administrators;
- Grant administrators access and permissions for specific pages
Yet Another Social Media Management Tool
Mediafeedia claims they found social media management tools to be lacking when it comes to Facebook, and though we're inclined to disagree (see MediaFunnel, Apptraq, Webtrends, Sendible, Shoutlet, etc.), there's always room for another free offering-- especially for SMBs.
Further, the company has shown enough clout to raise more than US$ 1 million in angel investment to date, and is currently in discussions with investors regarding its next round of funding.
As for the future, mediafeedia claims plans to introduce new capabilities including custom tabs for fan pages, dashboard management capabilities and other content management tools. MediafeediaPRO, a paid version of the offering with additional enhanced features, is also said to be in the pipeline.
If curiosity is getting the best of you, sign up here and let us know what you think.