As media moguls burned and fiscal crises loomed we kept our eye on the ball, checking out the good, bad and ugly of implementing intranets, the perils of not doing social media (or doing it wrong) and digging up 5 great tools for tracking online visitor behavior.
Gartner released its Magic Quadrant for CRM this week with (surprise!) Microsoft, Oracle and Salesforce leading the pack. Speaking of Microsoft, the company announced record revenues for Q4, as did Apple and IBM didn't fare so bad either.
In the land of open source Joomla! unveiled its latest Web CMS release taking aim at the enterprise, Drupal-focused Acquia landed $16 mil in additional funding and Packt kicked off the 2011 Open Source Awards.
Finally, your weekend reading should include these three Customer Experience Management articles: an overview of the Social Customer from Michael Brito, a review of customer experience challenges with Hank Barnes and the case for making the customer, not the content, king by Martijn van Berkum.
- Adobe, SDL Lead Forrester Wave for Online Customer Experience (CXM)
- Oracle, Microsoft & Salesforce Top Gartner's CRM Quadrant; Visionaries Lacking
- The Good, the Bad, the Ugly of Implementing Intranet Portals
- WEM: The Perils of Not Doing Social Media, or Doing it Wrong
- Publishing for Tablets: What You Need To Know About iOS and Android
- Master Your Content Using the Content Management Lifecycle
- 5 Great Tools for Tracking Online Visitor Behavior
- An Overview of the Social Customer
- CEM: The Customer is King, Not Content, and he's Switching Channels
- Designing The Future Office: Challenge and Innovate Current Management Practices
Around the Web
- The Future Of Mobile Is User Context
- Key Social Business Trends to Watch
- Is Being Transparent With Customers Overrated?
- Managing The King: What Content Strategists Need To Know About Terminology Management
- When Businesses Don't Connect the Dots
Featured Events (all events | post an event)
- Aug 08, 2011 -- CRM Evolution New York
- Aug 23, 2011 -- UX Week 2011 - San Francisco
- Sep 12, 2011 -- Semphonic X Change 2011 Web Analytics Conference
- Sep 13, 2011 – Enterprise Tomorrow Conference - San Francisco 2011
- Sep 26, 2011 – Telligent's The Big Social 2011
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post a job)
- UI Engineer at Meetup
- Business Development Manager (Media) at Twitter
- Account Executive, Web Content Management at Clickability
- Content Manager, Marketing at Kontagent
- VP of Business Development at ValueClick