When it comes to marketing, we are in fact special, beautiful and unique snowflakes. Enterprise intelligence company Webtrends (news, site) has enhanced their suite to reflect this belief, adding new segmentation capabilities for individual evaluation.
"As companies mature and understand the importance of understanding the behavior of their customers and prospects across channels, they are looking for solutions to provide robust individual-level data for the digital channel that can also easily be integrated with other channels of data to help drive business action," explained Webtrends.
The company's answer to this need is called Segments, an add-on to the Webtrends Visitor Data Mart due out tomorrow. The tool will enable users to isolate individuals and their behavior before pushing them into their action system of choice (CRM, e-mail, a data warehouse, applications, etc.):
Webtrends Segments screenshot
“...Webtrends Segments promises to provide powerful capabilities to drive more effective targeting and re-marketing campaigns,” said Tom Butkevich, senior consultant, e-Business projects, MetLife. “The visual aspect of this product shows that Webtrends is following through on its promise to provide intuitive solutions to the market that can be leveraged by many different users throughout the analytics chain.”
John Stone of Crosstech Partner's said at last year's Gilbane SF conference, "Webinars...take the mystery out of everything." Accordingly, Webtrends has set up a webinar specifically for Segments.
On Apri 21st, join Webtrends for:
- The importance of segmentation for marketers
- Real-world uses of segmentation for targeting
- The business value of segmentation
- A product demonstration of Webtrends Segments
Check out more information and register here.
Analytics in the Springtime
Marketing, Web analytics, measurement--it's all getting grouped together for a major overhaul this year. You can see that in the number of solutions not only Webtrends has kicked out since January, but in competing companies like Omniture and Google as well. Even Facebook has its own integrated analytics solution.
Naturally, Webtrends is nowhere near slowing down. Rumor is that they're planning on releasing the following upgrades this spring:
- SDKs for Webtrends Mobile Analytics: provides marketers with mobile application tracking to make the integration of mobile tracking into native mobile applications easy.
- Customizable traffic source reports: identify what sources are driving traffic to a web site with the ability to customize traffic source values such as social media, Facebook and mobile web sites.
- Custom Reporting: offers administrators enhanced custom reporting capabilities with increased report measures, while developers will now have access to a new version of the Webtrends Data Extraction API.
Keep up with the hype here.