Recently, the Association of Online Publishers (AOP), an organization based in the UK that represents digital publishing companies that create original, branded, quality content, announced the recipients of its Digital Publishing Awards for 2010.
Digital Publishing Recognized
The AOP (not to be confused with the Online Publishing Association (OPA), a US-based non profit trade organization that represents high-quality online content providers), recognized seventeen different categories of digital publishing including:
- Editorial Team: Business, Consumer
- Digital Editorial, Individual
- Research & Insights
- Digital Advertising
- Cross Media
- Commercial Partnership
- Use of Video
- Use of Mobile
- Ad Technology Platform
- Website: Business, Consumer
- Digital Publisher: Business, Consumer
- Specialist Digital Publisher
Guardian Topped The List
Guardian News & Media took six awards, the most of any one publisher. They were recognized for:
- Best Innovation for their iPhone app
- Best Launch for their developers Open Platform
- Best Digital Publisher, Consumer
- Best Digital Editorial by an Individual, which recognized work by Matthew Weaver
Designed to recognize, showcase and reward businesses that have made a difference to the online publishing industry, the AOP Awards highlights innovative services and products developed by publisher brands and individuals. Given the current state of the online publishing, these awards provide a much-needed dose of confidence and accolades.
To learn more about how each award recipient was selected, as well as view the complete list of nominees, visit http://www.ukaop.org.uk.