Here's an interesting conference happening on December 11, 2008 in Mountain View, California. Google, Microsoft and Mozilla are joining forces to bring you a conference all about creating Add-ons for the browser.
Add-On Conference Basics
The Add-On Conference is a one day event happening on December 11, 2008 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California.
This is the first conference of its kind and is expected to be a sell-out event. Registration costs US$150 and includes your meals and some goodies (whatever they may be).
The conference, primarily sponsored by Mozilla and Microsoft, has two tracks -- one for Developers of Add-Ons and one for Business Marketing.
There are two keynotes, one in the morning and one at the end of the day:
* Add-On Business Models: Jeremy Liew of Lightspeed will take a look at some of the most successful Add-On companies showing which business models have the best chance of success.
* The Future of the Browser: Add-Ons are expected to be a major part of the success of any browser in the future. This keynote will be a moderated discussion of how that future will look.
The day is packed with some interesting discussions on Add-Ons. Some of the sessions include:
* From Firefox to IE: Writing Extensions that Work Cross-Browser
* Add-ons and Mashup Development: How to Leverage 3rd Party APIs Effectively
* Distribution Strategies: Growing the pipe to grow adoption
* Case Study building and Marketing Add-on's for IE8 There are not a huge amount of details about this conference and some of the sessions, but we expect it will be a popular event with the Browser Wars going so strong at the moment. If you aren't sure, just take a look at some of the names in the industry that are expected to be in attendance and possibly presenting.
For a full listing of the conference session and registration details, see the website.
Also note that it is stated that if there are any profits, a portion of them will be donated to the One Laptop Per Child organization -- a good reason to attend alone.
CMSWire is a popular web magazine published by Simpler Media Group. We provide news, advice and analysis for professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 500+ authoritative articles per quarter for a community of over 750,000 market influencers.