Packt Publishing, your friendly provider of books
for IT professionals, by IT professionals, has just released a book on marketing and optimizing osCommerce projects.
The book is particularly aimed at those who already run an osCommerce-driven online business, but there is also plenty in here for those who are sounding out options for putting together an eCommerce solution. osCommerce
is a multi-platform, modular, open source e-commerce solution written in PHP and MySql. With a community of 100,000 users and developers, the platform stands as one of the dominant eCommerce products in the field.
Written by Vadym Gurevych, Managing Director of Datalink UK, the guide runs to some 400 pages.
Included are sections on:
* Tracking and monitoring advertising campaigns
* Optimizing your osCommerce online store for search engines
* More general SEO, like keyword selection, page optimization, dynamic content, back-linking strategy
* Appealing store design tips
* Best practices for product listing and information pages
* Fine-tuning your catalog
* Using and extending osCommerce, including reporting features
* Creating custom reports
* Tips on converting customers into repeat customers
The book will set you back just under €42, with bulk discounts available.
Interested? Go to Packt to find out more