Packt Publishing, your friendly provider of books for IT professionals, by IT professionals, has just released a book on marketing and optimizing osCommerce projects.
The book is particularly aimed at those who already run an osCommerce-driven online business, but there is also plenty in here for those who are sounding out options for putting together an eCommerce solution. osCommerce is a multi-platform, modular, open source e-commerce solution written in PHP and MySql. With a community of 100,000 users and developers, the platform stands as one of the dominant eCommerce products in the field.
Written by Vadym Gurevych, Managing Director of Datalink UK, the guide runs to some 400 pages.
Included are sections on:
* Tracking and monitoring advertising campaigns
* Optimizing your osCommerce online store for search engines
* More general SEO, like keyword selection, page optimization, dynamic content, back-linking strategy
* Appealing store design tips
* Best practices for product listing and information pages
* Fine-tuning your catalog
* Using and extending osCommerce, including reporting features
* Creating custom reports
* Tips on converting customers into repeat customers
The book will set you back just under €42, with bulk discounts available.
Interested? Go to Packt to find out more.
CMSWire is a popular web magazine published by Simpler Media Group. We provide news, advice and analysis for professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 500+ authoritative articles per quarter for a community of over 750,000 market influencers.