Customer experience — as we understand it now — has been kicking around for over a decade.
But making customers happy by understanding and delivering on their wants and needs goes back to the onset of commerce.
Businesses today have access to data, technologies and insights at a level never before possible. Why then do bad customer experiences persist?
Join in tomorrow during our Tweet Jam to discuss where we are with customer experience maturity — and how we can get to the next level.
The Tweet Jam will kick off on July 28 at 10am PT/ 1pm ET / 1700 GMT. The broader CMSWire community is invited to take part. Join in on Twitter with the #cxmchat hashtag, by logging into our chatroom or through CoverIt Live, found below on the day of the Tweet Jam.
Tweet Jams rarely travel a linear path, but the questions below will guide our discussion:
- We've been talking about Customer Experience for over 10 years. Why does bad customer experience persist?
- What do customers really want from CX? How does that compare to what they really get?
- Where do most CX initiatives get stuck? During the strategic phase, design, delivery, measurement or ...?
- How can companies link the wealth of customer data they collect to create data-driven experiences?
- What role does customer experience design play in the broader customer experience? And why does it receive so little attention?
- What issues cause customer churn and reduce customer loyalty — and what can businesses do to surmount them?
While we encourage anyone interested to join in on the conversation, we always have some experts on hand to keep the conversation flowing.
- Alyona Medelyan, Co-founder and CEO at Thematic — @zelandiya
- Chantal Schweizer, Senior Taxonomist at Earley Information Science — @ladyschweizer
- Christian Buckley, CMO at Beezy — @buckleyplanet
- Dave Angelow, Management Consultant and Adjunct Professor at Texas State University — @divertimentotx
- Henry Nakamura, Customer Experience Manager at Liferay — @HenryLiferay
- Jakki Geiger, Senior Director of Information Quality Solutions Marketing at Informatica — @jakkigeiger
- John Zimmerer, Director of Marketing at Topdown — @johnzimmerer
- Lynn Scheurell, Senior Director of Content Marketing at Jahia — @scheurelllynn
- Peggy Chen, Vice President of Marketing at SDL — @pbc88
- Stacy Nawrocki, VP of Brand and Product Marketing at Jahia — @stacynawrocki
- Tony White, Founder and CEO at Ars Logica — @arslogica
A few things to keep in mind:
- Introduce yourself with your first #cxmchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for
- Answer question one with A1, question two with A2, etc. — and always include the #cxmchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird A3 Most brands still don't know how to connect the dots between data and experience delivery #cxmchat"
- Please don't pitch products or services — stay knowledge focused
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal
- Remember that this is a public chat — be thoughtful
Still confused how to join? Read this.
We hope to see you tomorrow.